Difference between revisions of "GPC/Meetings/2012-19-10"

From OWASP
Jump to: navigation, search
 
(9 intermediate revisions by one user not shown)
Line 5: Line 5:
 
**Active Projects: 113  
 
**Active Projects: 113  
 
**Archived Projects: 41
 
**Archived Projects: 41
**Graveyard Projects: 24 (Shall I just get rid of these?)
 
 
**Merged Projects: 43 (I've looked through these, and it seems like we really don't need to track them individually anymore. Shall I get rid of these as well? Thoughts?)
 
**Merged Projects: 43 (I've looked through these, and it seems like we really don't need to track them individually anymore. Shall I get rid of these as well? Thoughts?)
  
*'''Pending Project Donations''':  
+
*'''Pending Project Donations''':   
**Sarah and I had a discussion about the contract. We discussed possible future issues, but agreed that this draft would cover us for now. You can see the document here:[https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/document/d/1-BXoHC72nupnOu9PHFSVM9kqM8KX_7xiY3O0SBXFvGo/edit Project Donation Contract.]  
+
**[[OWASP XSSER|OWASP XSSER]] Partnership.
**[[OWASP XSSER|OWASP XSSER]]  
+
**OWASP Top Ten eLearning Module: Partnership.
**OWASP XSS Cheat Sheet
+
**OWASP XSS Cheat Sheet: Needs contract.
**[[OWASP Security Shepherd|OWASP Security Shepherd]]
+
**[[OWASP Security Shepherd|OWASP Security Shepherd]] Needs contract.
 +
 
 +
*'''Pending Incubator Project Applications''': 
 +
**OWASP Periodic Table
  
 
==Currently Working On==
 
==Currently Working On==
 +
 +
*'''AppSec USA'''
 +
**Spent last week in Austin, Texas at AppSec USA: From Monday through Sunday.
 +
**Took care of the logistics for the OSS presenters: Set up their booths, printed and designed their signs, set up monitors and power cords, arranged for them to have food, water, notepads, etc. 
 +
**Hoping to bring OSS to all four OWASP Global Conferences in 2013 on a larger scale.
 +
**Attended in-person board meeting.
 +
**I was one of the conference photographers.
 +
**Attended chapter leader workshop: Hoping to do something similar for Project Leaders.
 +
**Attended 5 Hour in-person staff meeting.
 +
**Had dinner with Nishi and Keith: Thank you, guys.
 +
**Volunteered to bartend, and won 2nd place in the armadillo races. :)
 +
**Misc. logistics support for the conference.
 +
 +
*'''Salesforce Metadata Migration'''
 +
**All project data is now in Salesforce.
 +
**I continue to work with Kate to finish the migration.
 +
**We are currently working on creating a template e-mail to send to all active project leaders asking them to update their information. 
 +
 +
*'''Project Promotion Events'''
 +
**Simon Bennetts and Jim Manico have registered to give talks at FOSDEM.
 +
**[https://fosdem.org/2013/ FOSDEM: Free and Open Source Developers' European Meeting]. 
 +
**Date: February 2nd -3rd.
 +
**If their applications are successful, they will have a great opportunity to promote their projects.
 +
**Simon is promoting ZAP.
 +
**Jim will be promoting OWASP Projects in general, and using several Reboot 2012 projects as examples of success stories.
 +
**Main track speakers get costs covered.
 +
 +
*'''SourceForge Update'''
 +
**The sales people finally got back to me.
 +
**Evidently, we owe them $12,000.
 +
**Here is the [https://www.owasp.org/images/7/71/OWASP_Invoice_October_2012.pdf Invoice.]
 +
**Here is the [https://www.owasp.org/images/c/c8/Dice_Letter.pdf letter regarding the recent purchase of the Media Division of Geeknet.]
 +
**We need to discuss what we are going to do with this.
 +
**Moreover, we need to discuss how to close this account, and how we are going to migrate existing OWASP users to a different platform.
 +
 +
*'''[https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/document/d/1MpZx5w4TaqS-FoQaEXDhncz6dhG4mdgC4id2HsJQhjc/edit# Projects Handbook]'''
 +
**I have made more edits to the new Handbook.
 +
**I have added an Appendix.
 +
**The Project Donation agreement is finalised.
 +
**Flagship Projects: I think I should keep a section in here that describes what flagship projects are, but note that this designation is given by The Foundation? Thoughts?
 +
**Project Release Review Criteria: I need a bit of help to come up with the technical qualifying criteria for each project category for their reviews. 
 +
**Let's discuss this today, and I can explain the reasoning behind my idea.
 +
 
*'''Daily Project based queries and requests'''
 
*'''Daily Project based queries and requests'''
 
**This has not changed much since I began the post: questions are very similar in nature.  
 
**This has not changed much since I began the post: questions are very similar in nature.  
Line 25: Line 70:
 
**Several project donations questions
 
**Several project donations questions
 
**OWASP LinkedIn Updates
 
**OWASP LinkedIn Updates
 
*'''[https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/document/d/1MpZx5w4TaqS-FoQaEXDhncz6dhG4mdgC4id2HsJQhjc/edit# Projects Handbook]'''
 
**[https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/document/d/1ilLGVEM4zWiPgMPDRHe8ARdeLSnoBTUtMq0C-Ta45tc/edit?authkey=CLTW_MUO&authkey=CLTW_MUO# The archived Handbook]
 
**I have made more edits to the new Handbook.
 
**I have added an Appendix.
 
**The Project Donation agreement is finalised.
 
**Flagship Projects: I think I should keep a section in here that describes what flagship projects are, but note that this designation is given by The Foundation? Thoughts?
 
**Project Release Review Criteria: I need a bit of help to come up with the technical qualifying criteria for each project category for their reviews. 
 
**Please have a read through it and we can discuss the items above in two weeks when we have our next meeting.
 
**November 2nd, 2012 is the next meeting.
 
 
*'''AppSec USA'''
 
**I will be at AppSec USA all next week so my availability online will be limited.
 
**I will be the event photographer, and I will manage the OSS project event module during the conference. 
 
**I am cancelling next week's Friday meeting as I will not be able to make it.
 
**Next GPC Meeting will be: November 2nd, 2012 at 7pm GMT.
 
 
*'''Projects at Global AppSec Events 2013'''
 
**I spoke with Sarah about Projects participation at all 4 OWASP 2013 Global Conferences.
 
**We agreed that we will continue to run OSS and OWASP Projects Track initiatives as a single Project Event Module. 
 
**These two initiatives will be run at each of the 4 Global Conferences next year.
 
**Goal: To have at least 10 OSS presenters, and half a day of Open Source Project speakers at each conference.
 
**Currently putting together a campaign for these initiatives, and planning the logistics.
 
 
*'''Salesforce Metadata Migration'''
 
**I have completed collecting the data for all Active, Archived, and Merged Projects.
 
**I continue to work with Kate to finish the migration.
 
**We will do a demo today, of what we have so far in Salesforce: Please note it is still a work in progress.
 
  
 
==More Funding Potential==
 
==More Funding Potential==
 
#[https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/document/d/16ZFXaML8C7aDAZdyTMDDg4BzLr1vUTOz9eqmYE8ZW8U/edit OWASP ESAPI FUNDING PROPOSAL]
 
#[https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/document/d/16ZFXaML8C7aDAZdyTMDDg4BzLr1vUTOz9eqmYE8ZW8U/edit OWASP ESAPI FUNDING PROPOSAL]
#I continue to put together the ESAPI Funding Proposal.
+
#The ESAPI proposal is done: Thank you Jim Manico and Kevin Wall for finalising the technical questions.  
#I am currently looking into applying for a Google Grant.  
+
#I am submitting this proposal come Monday.
 +
#This is for $25,000 from the DHS.
 +
#I have begun the application for our Google Grant.  
 
#If we are successful with the Google Grant, we will be awarded $10,000 a month for use in a Google Adwords Campaign.  
 
#If we are successful with the Google Grant, we will be awarded $10,000 a month for use in a Google Adwords Campaign.  
 +
#We potentially have another project for 2013 that we may get a much larger grant for from the DHS. (Yet to be determined)
 +
#DHS wants further involvement with OWASP with funding. (I have contacted Kevin Greene from DHS to set up a meeting. I am waiting to hear back).
 +
#Thank you Matt Tesauro for putting Kevin and I together.
 +
 +
==Attendees==
 +
#Samantha Groves
 +
#Kate Hartmann
 +
#Jason Li
 +
#Nishi Kumar
 +
#Keith Turpin
 +
 +
==Primary Outcomes and Decisions==
 +
#Jason: Find the final version of the contract with SourceForge, and send to all GPC members.
 +
#Jason: Locate the e-mail exchange between SourceForge and GPC that includes their inability to meet our project feedback standards.
 +
#Samantha: Touch base with the SourceForge account people, and attempt to schedule a meeting with them next week. 
 +
#We have decided to end the contract with SourceForge after we sort out the invoice next week.
 +
#Develop a communications piece letting the community know why the account with SourceForge was closed.
 +
#Samantha: Send Kate a list of accounts created under OWASP's name in the Google Grants website.
 +
#Samantha: Send an updated list of the Project Lifecycle process stages to GPC.
 +
#GPC: Look through new Projects Handbook, and note down any questions, concerns or objections before our next meeting.
 +
#Goal: Get the handbook and project processes finished by the 1st of January.
  
 
   
 
   
 
[[Category:GPC_Meetings]]
 
[[Category:GPC_Meetings]]
 
[[Category:GPC_Meetings/2012]]
 
[[Category:GPC_Meetings/2012]]

Latest revision as of 12:42, 2 November 2012

Contents

Project Division Updates

  • Project Numbers
    • Active Projects: 113
    • Archived Projects: 41
    • Merged Projects: 43 (I've looked through these, and it seems like we really don't need to track them individually anymore. Shall I get rid of these as well? Thoughts?)
  • Pending Project Donations:
  • Pending Incubator Project Applications:
    • OWASP Periodic Table

Currently Working On

  • AppSec USA
    • Spent last week in Austin, Texas at AppSec USA: From Monday through Sunday.
    • Took care of the logistics for the OSS presenters: Set up their booths, printed and designed their signs, set up monitors and power cords, arranged for them to have food, water, notepads, etc.
    • Hoping to bring OSS to all four OWASP Global Conferences in 2013 on a larger scale.
    • Attended in-person board meeting.
    • I was one of the conference photographers.
    • Attended chapter leader workshop: Hoping to do something similar for Project Leaders.
    • Attended 5 Hour in-person staff meeting.
    • Had dinner with Nishi and Keith: Thank you, guys.
    • Volunteered to bartend, and won 2nd place in the armadillo races. :)
    • Misc. logistics support for the conference.
  • Salesforce Metadata Migration
    • All project data is now in Salesforce.
    • I continue to work with Kate to finish the migration.
    • We are currently working on creating a template e-mail to send to all active project leaders asking them to update their information.
  • Project Promotion Events
    • Simon Bennetts and Jim Manico have registered to give talks at FOSDEM.
    • FOSDEM: Free and Open Source Developers' European Meeting.
    • Date: February 2nd -3rd.
    • If their applications are successful, they will have a great opportunity to promote their projects.
    • Simon is promoting ZAP.
    • Jim will be promoting OWASP Projects in general, and using several Reboot 2012 projects as examples of success stories.
    • Main track speakers get costs covered.
  • Projects Handbook
    • I have made more edits to the new Handbook.
    • I have added an Appendix.
    • The Project Donation agreement is finalised.
    • Flagship Projects: I think I should keep a section in here that describes what flagship projects are, but note that this designation is given by The Foundation? Thoughts?
    • Project Release Review Criteria: I need a bit of help to come up with the technical qualifying criteria for each project category for their reviews.
    • Let's discuss this today, and I can explain the reasoning behind my idea.
  • Daily Project based queries and requests
    • This has not changed much since I began the post: questions are very similar in nature.
    • AppSec USA 2012 queries
    • Travel queries
    • Budget based questions
    • Funding questions
    • Project based administrative help
    • Project status information
    • Several project donations questions
    • OWASP LinkedIn Updates

More Funding Potential

  1. OWASP ESAPI FUNDING PROPOSAL
  2. The ESAPI proposal is done: Thank you Jim Manico and Kevin Wall for finalising the technical questions.
  3. I am submitting this proposal come Monday.
  4. This is for $25,000 from the DHS.
  5. I have begun the application for our Google Grant.
  6. If we are successful with the Google Grant, we will be awarded $10,000 a month for use in a Google Adwords Campaign.
  7. We potentially have another project for 2013 that we may get a much larger grant for from the DHS. (Yet to be determined)
  8. DHS wants further involvement with OWASP with funding. (I have contacted Kevin Greene from DHS to set up a meeting. I am waiting to hear back).
  9. Thank you Matt Tesauro for putting Kevin and I together.

Attendees

  1. Samantha Groves
  2. Kate Hartmann
  3. Jason Li
  4. Nishi Kumar
  5. Keith Turpin

Primary Outcomes and Decisions

  1. Jason: Find the final version of the contract with SourceForge, and send to all GPC members.
  2. Jason: Locate the e-mail exchange between SourceForge and GPC that includes their inability to meet our project feedback standards.
  3. Samantha: Touch base with the SourceForge account people, and attempt to schedule a meeting with them next week.
  4. We have decided to end the contract with SourceForge after we sort out the invoice next week.
  5. Develop a communications piece letting the community know why the account with SourceForge was closed.
  6. Samantha: Send Kate a list of accounts created under OWASP's name in the Google Grants website.
  7. Samantha: Send an updated list of the Project Lifecycle process stages to GPC.
  8. GPC: Look through new Projects Handbook, and note down any questions, concerns or objections before our next meeting.
  9. Goal: Get the handbook and project processes finished by the 1st of January.