Difference between revisions of "GPC/Meetings/2012-19-10"

From OWASP
Jump to: navigation, search
Line 47: Line 47:
 
*'''SourceForge Update'''
 
*'''SourceForge Update'''
 
**The sales people finally got back to me.  
 
**The sales people finally got back to me.  
**Evidently, we owe them $12,000. .  
+
**Evidently, we owe them $12,000.
 
**Here is the [https://www.owasp.org/images/7/71/OWASP_Invoice_October_2012.pdf Invoice.]
 
**Here is the [https://www.owasp.org/images/7/71/OWASP_Invoice_October_2012.pdf Invoice.]
 
**Here is the [https://www.owasp.org/images/c/c8/Dice_Letter.pdf letter regarding the recent purchase of the Media Division of Geeknet.]
 
**Here is the [https://www.owasp.org/images/c/c8/Dice_Letter.pdf letter regarding the recent purchase of the Media Division of Geeknet.]
**we need to discuss what we are going to do with this.
+
**We need to discuss what we are going to do with this.
 
**Moreover, we need to discuss how to close this account, and how we are going to migrate existing OWASP users to a different platform.
 
**Moreover, we need to discuss how to close this account, and how we are going to migrate existing OWASP users to a different platform.
 +
 +
*'''[https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/document/d/1MpZx5w4TaqS-FoQaEXDhncz6dhG4mdgC4id2HsJQhjc/edit# Projects Handbook]'''
 +
**I have made more edits to the new Handbook.
 +
**I have added an Appendix.
 +
**The Project Donation agreement is finalised.
 +
**Flagship Projects: I think I should keep a section in here that describes what flagship projects are, but note that this designation is given by The Foundation? Thoughts?
 +
**Project Release Review Criteria: I need a bit of help to come up with the technical qualifying criteria for each project category for their reviews. 
 +
**Let's discuss this today and finalise our lifecycle if possible.
  
 
*'''Daily Project based queries and requests'''
 
*'''Daily Project based queries and requests'''
Line 63: Line 71:
 
**Several project donations questions
 
**Several project donations questions
 
**OWASP LinkedIn Updates
 
**OWASP LinkedIn Updates
 
*'''[https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/document/d/1MpZx5w4TaqS-FoQaEXDhncz6dhG4mdgC4id2HsJQhjc/edit# Projects Handbook]'''
 
**[https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/document/d/1ilLGVEM4zWiPgMPDRHe8ARdeLSnoBTUtMq0C-Ta45tc/edit?authkey=CLTW_MUO&authkey=CLTW_MUO# The archived Handbook]
 
**I have made more edits to the new Handbook.
 
**[https://www.owasp.org/images/0/07/ProjectGraduationProcess.jpg Project Graduation and Release Review Processes]
 
**I have added an Appendix.
 
**The Project Donation agreement is finalised.
 
**Flagship Projects: I think I should keep a section in here that describes what flagship projects are, but note that this designation is given by The Foundation? Thoughts?
 
**Project Release Review Criteria: I need a bit of help to come up with the technical qualifying criteria for each project category for their reviews. 
 
**Please have a read through it and we can discuss the items above in two weeks when we have our next meeting.
 
**November 2nd, 2012 is the next meeting.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
  
 
==More Funding Potential==
 
==More Funding Potential==
 
#[https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/document/d/16ZFXaML8C7aDAZdyTMDDg4BzLr1vUTOz9eqmYE8ZW8U/edit OWASP ESAPI FUNDING PROPOSAL]
 
#[https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/document/d/16ZFXaML8C7aDAZdyTMDDg4BzLr1vUTOz9eqmYE8ZW8U/edit OWASP ESAPI FUNDING PROPOSAL]
#I continue to put together the ESAPI Funding Proposal.
+
#The ESAPI proposal is done: Thank you Jim Manico and Kevin Wall for finalising the technical questions.  
#I am currently looking into applying for a Google Grant.  
+
#I have begun the application for our Google Grant.  
 
#If we are successful with the Google Grant, we will be awarded $10,000 a month for use in a Google Adwords Campaign.  
 
#If we are successful with the Google Grant, we will be awarded $10,000 a month for use in a Google Adwords Campaign.  
 +
#We potentially have another project for 2013 that we may get a much larger grant for from the DHS. (Yet to be determined)
 +
#DHS wants further involvement with OWASP with funding. (I have contacted Kevin Greene from DHS to set up a meeting. I am waiting to hear back)
 +
#Thank you Matt Tesauro for putting Kevin and I together.
  
 
   
 
   
 
[[Category:GPC_Meetings]]
 
[[Category:GPC_Meetings]]
 
[[Category:GPC_Meetings/2012]]
 
[[Category:GPC_Meetings/2012]]

Revision as of 11:27, 1 November 2012

Contents

Project Division Updates

  • Project Numbers
    • Active Projects: 113
    • Archived Projects: 41
    • Graveyard Projects: 24 (Shall I just get rid of these?)
    • Merged Projects: 43 (I've looked through these, and it seems like we really don't need to track them individually anymore. Shall I get rid of these as well? Thoughts?)
  • Pending Project Donations:
  • Pending Incubator Project Applications:
    • OWASP Periodic Table

Currently Working On

  • AppSec USA
    • Spent last week in Austin, Texas at AppSec USA: From Monday through Sunday.
    • Took care of the logistics for the OSS presenters: Set up their booths, printed their signs, set up monitors and power cords, arranged for them to have food, water, notepads, etc.
    • Hoping to bring OSS to all four OWASP Global Conferences in 2013 on a larger scale.
    • Attended in-person board meeting.
    • One of the conference photographers.
    • Attended chapter leader workshop: Hoping to do something similar for Project Leaders.
    • 5 Hour in-person staff meeting.
    • Had dinner with Nishi and Keith: Thank you, guys.
    • Volunteered to bartend, and won 2nd place in the armadillo races.
    • Misc. logistics support for the conference.
  • Salesforce Metadata Migration
    • All project data is now in Salesforce.
    • I continue to work with Kate to finish the migration.
    • We are currently working on create a template e-mail to send to all active project leaders asking them to update their information.
  • Project Promotion Events
    • Simon Bennetts and Jim Manico have registered to give talks at FOSDEM.
    • FOSDEM: Free and Open Source Developers' European Meeting.
    • Date: February 2nd -3rd.
    • If their applications are successful, they will have a great opportunity to promote their projects.
    • Simon is promoting ZAP.
    • Jim will be promoting OWASP Projects in general, and using several Reboot 2012 projects as examples of success stories.
    • Main track speakers get costs covered.
  • Projects Handbook
    • I have made more edits to the new Handbook.
    • I have added an Appendix.
    • The Project Donation agreement is finalised.
    • Flagship Projects: I think I should keep a section in here that describes what flagship projects are, but note that this designation is given by The Foundation? Thoughts?
    • Project Release Review Criteria: I need a bit of help to come up with the technical qualifying criteria for each project category for their reviews.
    • Let's discuss this today and finalise our lifecycle if possible.
  • Daily Project based queries and requests
    • This has not changed much since I began the post: questions are very similar in nature.
    • AppSec USA 2012 queries
    • Travel queries
    • Budget based questions
    • Funding questions
    • Project based administrative help
    • Project status information
    • Several project donations questions
    • OWASP LinkedIn Updates

More Funding Potential

  1. OWASP ESAPI FUNDING PROPOSAL
  2. The ESAPI proposal is done: Thank you Jim Manico and Kevin Wall for finalising the technical questions.
  3. I have begun the application for our Google Grant.
  4. If we are successful with the Google Grant, we will be awarded $10,000 a month for use in a Google Adwords Campaign.
  5. We potentially have another project for 2013 that we may get a much larger grant for from the DHS. (Yet to be determined)
  6. DHS wants further involvement with OWASP with funding. (I have contacted Kevin Greene from DHS to set up a meeting. I am waiting to hear back)
  7. Thank you Matt Tesauro for putting Kevin and I together.