Difference between revisions of "GPC/Meetings/2012-19-10"

From OWASP
Jump to: navigation, search
Line 8: Line 8:
 
**Merged Projects: 43 (I've looked through these, and it seems like we really don't need to track them individually anymore. Shall I get rid of these as well? Thoughts?)
 
**Merged Projects: 43 (I've looked through these, and it seems like we really don't need to track them individually anymore. Shall I get rid of these as well? Thoughts?)
  
*'''Pending Project Donations''':  
+
*'''Pending Project Donations''':   
**Sarah and I had a discussion about the contract. We discussed possible future issues, but agreed that this draft would cover us for now. You can see the document here:[https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/document/d/1-BXoHC72nupnOu9PHFSVM9kqM8KX_7xiY3O0SBXFvGo/edit Project Donation Contract.]  
+
**[[OWASP XSSER|OWASP XSSER]] Partnership.
**[[OWASP XSSER|OWASP XSSER]]  
+
**OWASP Top Ten eLearning Module: Partnership.
**OWASP XSS Cheat Sheet
+
**OWASP XSS Cheat Sheet: Needs contract.
**[[OWASP Security Shepherd|OWASP Security Shepherd]]
+
**[[OWASP Security Shepherd|OWASP Security Shepherd]] Needs contract.
 +
 
 +
*'''Pending Incubator Project Applications''': 
 +
**OWASP Period Table
  
 
==Currently Working On==
 
==Currently Working On==
 +
*'''AppSec USA'''
 +
**Spent last week in Austin, Texas at AppSec USA: From Monday through Sunday.
 +
**Took care of the logistics for the OSS presenters: Set up their booths, printed their signs, set up monitors and power cords, arranged for them to have food, water, notepads, etc. 
 +
**Hoping to bring OSS to all four OWASP Global Conferences in 2013 on a larger scale.
 +
**Attended in-person board meeting.
 +
**One of the conference photographers.
 +
**Attended chapter leader workshop: Hoping to do something similar for Project Leaders.
 +
**5 Hour in-person staff meeting.
 +
**Had dinner with Nishi and Keith: Thank you, guys.
 +
**Volunteered to bartend, and won 2nd place in the armadillo races.
 +
**Misc. logistics support for the conference.
 +
 
*'''Daily Project based queries and requests'''
 
*'''Daily Project based queries and requests'''
 
**This has not changed much since I began the post: questions are very similar in nature.  
 
**This has not changed much since I began the post: questions are very similar in nature.  
Line 37: Line 52:
 
**November 2nd, 2012 is the next meeting.
 
**November 2nd, 2012 is the next meeting.
  
*'''AppSec USA'''
+
   
**I will be at AppSec USA all next week so my availability online will be limited.
+
**I will be the event photographer, and I will manage the OSS project event module during the conference.  
+
**I am cancelling next week's Friday meeting as I will not be able to make it.
+
**Next GPC Meeting will be: November 2nd, 2012 at 7pm GMT.
+
  
 
*'''Projects at Global AppSec Events 2013'''
 
*'''Projects at Global AppSec Events 2013'''

Revision as of 11:04, 1 November 2012

Contents

Project Division Updates

  • Project Numbers
    • Active Projects: 113
    • Archived Projects: 41
    • Graveyard Projects: 24 (Shall I just get rid of these?)
    • Merged Projects: 43 (I've looked through these, and it seems like we really don't need to track them individually anymore. Shall I get rid of these as well? Thoughts?)
  • Pending Project Donations:
  • Pending Incubator Project Applications:
    • OWASP Period Table

Currently Working On

  • AppSec USA
    • Spent last week in Austin, Texas at AppSec USA: From Monday through Sunday.
    • Took care of the logistics for the OSS presenters: Set up their booths, printed their signs, set up monitors and power cords, arranged for them to have food, water, notepads, etc.
    • Hoping to bring OSS to all four OWASP Global Conferences in 2013 on a larger scale.
    • Attended in-person board meeting.
    • One of the conference photographers.
    • Attended chapter leader workshop: Hoping to do something similar for Project Leaders.
    • 5 Hour in-person staff meeting.
    • Had dinner with Nishi and Keith: Thank you, guys.
    • Volunteered to bartend, and won 2nd place in the armadillo races.
    • Misc. logistics support for the conference.
  • Daily Project based queries and requests
    • This has not changed much since I began the post: questions are very similar in nature.
    • AppSec USA 2012 queries
    • Travel queries
    • Budget based questions
    • Funding questions
    • Project based administrative help
    • Project status information
    • Several project donations questions
    • OWASP LinkedIn Updates
  • Projects Handbook
    • The archived Handbook
    • I have made more edits to the new Handbook.
    • Project Graduation and Release Review Processes
    • I have added an Appendix.
    • The Project Donation agreement is finalised.
    • Flagship Projects: I think I should keep a section in here that describes what flagship projects are, but note that this designation is given by The Foundation? Thoughts?
    • Project Release Review Criteria: I need a bit of help to come up with the technical qualifying criteria for each project category for their reviews.
    • Please have a read through it and we can discuss the items above in two weeks when we have our next meeting.
    • November 2nd, 2012 is the next meeting.


  • Projects at Global AppSec Events 2013
    • I spoke with Sarah about Projects participation at all 4 OWASP 2013 Global Conferences.
    • We agreed that we will continue to run OSS and OWASP Projects Track initiatives as a single Project Event Module.
    • These two initiatives will be run at each of the 4 Global Conferences next year.
    • Goal: To have at least 10 OSS presenters, and half a day of Open Source Project speakers at each conference.
    • Currently putting together a campaign for these initiatives, and planning the logistics.
  • Salesforce Metadata Migration
    • I have completed collecting the data for all Active, Archived, and Merged Projects.
    • I continue to work with Kate to finish the migration.
    • We will do a demo today, of what we have so far in Salesforce: Please note it is still a work in progress.

More Funding Potential

  1. OWASP ESAPI FUNDING PROPOSAL
  2. I continue to put together the ESAPI Funding Proposal.
  3. I am currently looking into applying for a Google Grant.
  4. If we are successful with the Google Grant, we will be awarded $10,000 a month for use in a Google Adwords Campaign.