Revision as of 10:05, 16 November 2012 by Samantha Groves
Project Division Updates
- Project Numbers
- Active Projects: 116
- Archived Projects: 41
- Merged Projects: 43
- New OWASP Projects
- Pending Project Donations/SetUp:
- OWASP XSS Cheat Sheet: Needs contract.
- OWASP Security Shepherd Needs contract.
Currently Working On
- Salesforce Metadata Migration
- Kate and I continue to work together to complete this project.
- We are still working on creating a template e-mail to send to all active project leaders asking them to update their information. (Still seeking help for this)
- Developed 8 forms to help with future requests.
- We have now developed the forms in Salesforce.
- Currently, I am in the process of finalising the forms.
- Project Support Volunteer Role Development
- Samantha put together a role description for a part-time project support volunteer.
- This role was developed to help the 3 Guidebook projects with project support duties.
- Please see the Volunteer Job Description Document for more details.
- We are looking for 3 separate volunteers that will be responsible for the same role.
- Each volunteer will be responsible for project support duties for one project.
- SourceForge Update
- Jason, Kate and Samantha attended a meeting with the Geeknet team.
- We let them know that we will be ending our contract.
- We discussed the possibility of proposing alternative payment options with them.
- They agreed to review our proposal.
- Jason, Kate, and Samantha agreed on two alternative payment options.
- Samantha drafted a response to the Geeknet Team, outlining our options.
- Option 1: OWASP would like to propose that Geeknet waive either all or a percentage of the invoice fee, and redistribute the funds as a donation to the OWASP Foundation.
- Option 2: OWASP would like to propose a 1 year corporate membership, and a 6 month online rotating banner advertisement in exchange for $10,000 being deduction from the Invoice in question. Total value: $17,500 in OWASP Services.
- Project Processes Development
- Putting the handbook aside until these are fleshed out and agreed to.
- I feel it is a much better idea to tackle individually, and them add them to the handbook.
- Process form development: Proposal Complete, Please Review.
- Project Stage Benefits: Proposal Complete, Please Review.
- Project Graduation Process: Proposal Complete, Please Review.
- Project Graduation Criteria: Proposal Still Under Development.
- Daily Project based queries and requests
- This has not changed much since I began the post: questions are very similar in nature.
- Global AppSec questions
- Funding queries
- Travel availability
- Project based administrative help
- Project status information
- Several project donations questions
- OWASP LinkedIn Updates
- What's happening with projects, questions
More Funding Potential
- Guidebooks Grant Payment: Still filling out tax forms for Deb. Working with Alison and Kate to get these submitted.
- The Google Grant process is going very slowly.
- I monitor it and make progress daily.
- Ryan is currently putting together his plan for ModSecurity.
- I am waiting to hear back from him with his proposal.
- This will be for a $30,000 grant proposal for the DHS.