Difference between revisions of "GPC/Meetings/2012-16-11"

From OWASP
Jump to: navigation, search
Line 16: Line 16:
 
**[[OWASP Security Shepherd|OWASP Security Shepherd]] Needs contract.  
 
**[[OWASP Security Shepherd|OWASP Security Shepherd]] Needs contract.  
  
==Currently Working On==
+
==Currently Working On==   
 
+
*'''Projects at Global AppSec Conferences'''
+
**AppSec 2012 Images are up.
+
**Currently preparing for AppSec APAC.
+
**OSS and OWASP Projects Track preparations are currently taking place.  
+
  
 
*'''Salesforce Metadata Migration'''
 
*'''Salesforce Metadata Migration'''
**All project data is now in Salesforce.
+
**Kate and I continue to work together to complete this project.
**I continue to work with Kate to finish the migration.  
+
**We are still working on creating a template e-mail to send to all active project leaders asking them to update their information.  (Still seeking help for this)
**We are currently working on creating a template e-mail to send to all active project leaders asking them to update their information.  (Still seeking help for this)
+
**Developed 8 forms to help with future requests.
**Developed 8 forms to help with future requests: You can find them in the project handbook 2013 version, linked in their various sections.
+
**We have now developed the forms in Salesforce.
**Currently looking into developing the forms in Salesforce.
+
**Currently, I am in the process of finalising the forms.
 
+
*'''Project Promotion Events'''
+
**We are looking into applying for a booth at FOSDEM
+
**Our application will depend on whether our OWASP main track speaker applicants get accepted.
+
**The booth would be free.  
+
  
 
*'''SourceForge Update'''
 
*'''SourceForge Update'''
**I have reached out to the SourceForge people for a meeting.
+
**Jason, Kate and Samantha attended a meeting with the Geeknet team.  
**I have not had a response.
+
**We let them know that we will be ending our contract.
**I will continue to reach out until I have a reply from them.
+
**We discussed the possibility of proposing alternative payment options with them.
 +
**They agreed to review our proposal.
 +
**Jason, Kate, and Samantha agreed on two alternative payment options.
 +
**Samantha drafted a response to the Geeknet Team, outlining our options.  
 +
**Option 1: OWASP would like to propose that Geeknet waive either all or a percentage of the invoice fee, and redistribute the funds as a donation to the OWASP Foundation.
 +
**Option 2: OWASP would like to propose a 1 year corporate membership, and a 6 month online rotating banner advertisement in exchange for $10,000 being deduction from the Invoice in question. Total value: $17,500 in OWASP Services.
  
 
*'''[https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/document/d/15lPNSxokO5ogGxWo-xvLNYh0C3c8-nWjgWnRfTfm0OU/edit Project Processes Development]'''
 
*'''[https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/document/d/15lPNSxokO5ogGxWo-xvLNYh0C3c8-nWjgWnRfTfm0OU/edit Project Processes Development]'''

Revision as of 08:44, 16 November 2012

Contents

Project Division Updates

  • Project Numbers
    • Active Projects: 116
    • Archived Projects: 41
    • Merged Projects: 43

Currently Working On

  • Salesforce Metadata Migration
    • Kate and I continue to work together to complete this project.
    • We are still working on creating a template e-mail to send to all active project leaders asking them to update their information. (Still seeking help for this)
    • Developed 8 forms to help with future requests.
    • We have now developed the forms in Salesforce.
    • Currently, I am in the process of finalising the forms.
  • SourceForge Update
    • Jason, Kate and Samantha attended a meeting with the Geeknet team.
    • We let them know that we will be ending our contract.
    • We discussed the possibility of proposing alternative payment options with them.
    • They agreed to review our proposal.
    • Jason, Kate, and Samantha agreed on two alternative payment options.
    • Samantha drafted a response to the Geeknet Team, outlining our options.
    • Option 1: OWASP would like to propose that Geeknet waive either all or a percentage of the invoice fee, and redistribute the funds as a donation to the OWASP Foundation.
    • Option 2: OWASP would like to propose a 1 year corporate membership, and a 6 month online rotating banner advertisement in exchange for $10,000 being deduction from the Invoice in question. Total value: $17,500 in OWASP Services.
  • Project Processes Development
    • Putting the handbook aside until these are fleshed out and agreed to.
    • I feel it is a much better idea to tackle individually, and them add them to the handbook.
    • Process form development
    • Project Stage Benefits
    • Project Graduation Process
    • Project Graduation Criteria
  • Daily Project based queries and requests
    • This has not changed much since I began the post: questions are very similar in nature.
    • Global AppSec questions
    • Funding queries
    • Travel availability
    • Project based administrative help
    • Project status information
    • Several project donations questions
    • OWASP LinkedIn Updates
    • What's happening with projects, questions

More Funding Potential

  1. Guidebooks Grant Payment: Still filling out tax forms for Deb. Working with Alison and Kate to get these submitted.
  2. The Google Grant process is going very slowly.
  3. I monitor it and make progress daily.
  4. Ryan is currently putting together his plan for ModSecurity.
  5. I am waiting to hear back from him with his proposal.
  6. This will be for a $30,000 grant proposal for the DHS.