Project Division Updates
- Project Numbers
- Active Projects: 119
- Inactive Projects: 67
- Pending Project Applications
- CISO Survey
- Application Security Guide For CISOs
- Medical Warehouse
Currently Working On
- SourceForge Update
- I have reached out to Audrey, our Geeknet representative, and asked if she has received payment from us.
- I have also asked her to confirm if our account is in fact closed.
- I am still waiting to hear back from her.
- OWASP Licenses Update
- This is the final draft of the letter: Letter.
- I have sent this to the projects with licensing issues.
- I am still waiting to hear back from all of them.
- AppSec APAC 2013: Planning
- We have not received any applications for participation in the AppSec APAC OSS.
- Sarah and I discussed the possibility of doing away with this particular event module, and focus on getting speakers for the OWASP Track instead. I agreed.
- We decided to wait until Wednesday of next week to take the banners down. This will give those interested in applying, a bit more time.
- We asked the local team what projects they are interested in having at their conference.
- They gave us a list, and we are in the process of getting those project representatives to apply for the OWASP Track.
- Project Support Volunteer Role Development
- The roles have now been allocated for each volunteer that has expressed interest in working with OWASP.
- I will have a meeting with the successful candidates regarding their project support duties, next week.
- I will send more information to the other volunteers about the different ways they can support the Guidebook projects during their development.
- New Project Web Page
- The new web page development is almost complete.
- The only information missing is the Assessment Criteria and Project Terminology.
- Please see below for my proposal on the Assessment Criteria.
- Assessment Criteria, Lifecycle, and Graduation Processes
- I have sent my proposal to all GPC members.
- Lets discuss this today.
- Process form development: Proposal Completed
- Project Stage Benefits: Proposal Completed
- Project Graduation Process & Criteria: Proposal Completed
- Project Deliverable/Release Review Criteria: Proposal Completed
- Project Migration Process: Proposal Completed
- Daily Project based queries and requests
- This has not changed much since I began the post: questions are very similar in nature.
- Global AppSec questions.
- Funding queries.
- Travel availability.
- Project based administrative help.
- Project status information.
- Several project donations questions.
- OWASP LinkedIn Updates.
- What's happening with projects, questions.
More Funding Potential
- Guidebooks Grant Payment: We have submitted the forms, and are waiting to hear back from Deb.
- ESAPI Grant Proposal: The proposal has passed the first round of reviews. It is now at the peer review stage with 6 other applications.
- We have now begun the process of grant writing for the ModSecurity Project.
- Ryan and I are still developing the project plan.
- This will be for a $30,000 grant proposal.
- Samantha Groves
- Nishi Kumar
- Keith Turpin
- Kate Hartman
- Jason Li
- Geeknet: Audrey from Geeknet has not gotten back to me. I reached out to her to make sure she has received payment. I will reach out to her again come next week.
- AppSec APAC Planning: We might have to do away with the OSS at AppSec APAC 2013. There have been no applicants for this event module. We are focusing on the Projects Track, and reaching out to speakers for this.
- Project Support Volunteer Role: I have selected the candidates for these roles. They have agreed, and I am meeting with them next week to discuss their roles.
- New Project Web Page: This is mostly complete. The only information that is missing is the Assessment Criteria Page information, and the Project Terminology Information. Please edit away.
- Assessment Criteria, Lifecycle, and Graduation Processes: Please have a look at the attached document and send feedback, suggestions, concerns, solutions, etc.
- Presentation Comments: Keith suggested we make a template for each lifecycle stage. This will ensure the reader is fully aware what stage the project is in within the OWASP Project Lifecycle. I agree, this is a great idea.
- We need to very clearly outline what level of usability a project will be expected to be in at each stage.
- Project Benefits Comments: It was suggested that we move the technical writing support and graphic design support benefits to the Labs stage as opposed to having this benefits for Incubator projects.
- Additional Incubator Benefit: Recognition and visibility of being associated with the OWASP Brand.