Revision as of 06:49, 14 December 2012 by Samantha Groves
Project Division Updates
- Project Numbers
- Active Projects: 119
- Inactive Projects: 67
- Pending Project Applications
- CISO Survey
- Application Security Guide For CISOs
- Medical Warehouse
Currently Working On
- SourceForge Update
- I have reached out to Audrey, our Geeknet representative, and asked if she has received payment from us.
- I have also asked her to confirm if our account is in fact closed.
- I am still waiting to hear back from her.
- OWASP Licenses Update
- This is the final draft of the letter: Letter.
- I have sent this to the projects with licensing issues.
- I am still waiting to hear back from all of them.
- AppSec APAC 2013: Planning
- We have not received any applications for participation in the AppSec APAC OSS.
- Sarah and I discussed the possibility of doing away with this particular event module, and focus on getting speakers for the OWASP Track instead. I agreed.
- We decided to wait until Wednesday of next week to take the banners down. This will give those interested in applying, a bit more time.
- We asked the local team what projects they are interested in having at their conference.
- They gave us a list, and we are in the process of getting those project representatives to apply for the OWASP Track.
- Project Support Volunteer Role Development
- The roles have now been allocated for each volunteer that has expressed interest in working with OWASP.
- I will have a meeting with the successful candidates regarding their project support duties, next week.
- I will send more information to the other volunteers about the different ways they can support the Guidebook projects during their development.
- New Project Web Page
- The new web page development is almost complete.
- The only information missing is the Assessment Criteria and Project Terminology.
- Please see below for my proposal on the Assessment Criteria.
- Assessment Criteria, Lifecycle, and Graduation Processes
- I have sent my proposal to all GPC members.
- Lets discuss this today.
- Process form development: Proposal Completed
- Project Stage Benefits: Proposal Completed
- Project Graduation Process & Criteria: Proposal Completed
- Project Deliverable/Release Review Criteria: Proposal Completed
- Project Migration Process: Proposal Completed
- Daily Project based queries and requests
- This has not changed much since I began the post: questions are very similar in nature.
- Global AppSec questions.
- Funding queries.
- Travel availability.
- Project based administrative help.
- Project status information.
- Several project donations questions.
- OWASP LinkedIn Updates.
- What's happening with projects, questions.
More Funding Potential
- Guidebooks Grant Payment: We have submitted the forms, and are waiting to hear back from Deb.
- ESAPI Grant Proposal: The proposal has passed the first round of reviews. It is now at the peer review stage with 6 other applications.
- We have now begun the process of grant writing for the ModSecurity Project.
- Ryan and I are still developing the project plan.
- This will be for a $30,000 grant proposal.