Difference between revisions of "GPC/Meetings/2012-12-10"

From OWASP
Jump to: navigation, search
(Created page with "__TOC__ = Project Division Updates = *'''Project Numbers''' **Active Projects: 113 **Archived Projects: 41 **Graveyard Projects: 24 **Merged Projects: 43 *'''Pending Projec...")
 
 
(One intermediate revision by one user not shown)
Line 8: Line 8:
 
**Merged Projects: 43
 
**Merged Projects: 43
  
*'''Pending Project Donations''': We are still working on creating a Project Donation Contract.  
+
*'''Pending Project Donations''': We are still working on creating a Project Donation Contract. Sarah is looking into this for us.  
 
**[[OWASP XSSER|OWASP XSSER]]  
 
**[[OWASP XSSER|OWASP XSSER]]  
 
**OWASP XSS Cheat Sheet
 
**OWASP XSS Cheat Sheet
Line 18: Line 18:
 
==Currently Working On==
 
==Currently Working On==
 
*'''[https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Test2test Projects Communications Restructuring]'''
 
*'''[https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Test2test Projects Communications Restructuring]'''
**I continue to update this every week in addition to my other project management duties
+
**Continue to fill this in weekly with relevant information.
**[https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/document/d/1dN-6GrwN-FB3Im0Ggj5dlVmxZNLs0IUigQegP1eSd8Q/edit# Projects Implementation Plan]
+
**The information will be changing as we are not done with the projects handbook, and we have not finalised the actual processes yet.
 +
**Completed pages:
 +
***Welcome
 +
***Starting a New Project
 +
***Project Database
 +
***Marketing Materials
 +
***Sponsorship and Donations
 +
***Global Projects Committee Page
 +
***Contact Us
 +
**Incomplete Pages
 +
***Project Assessment
 +
***Project Terminology
 +
***Press and Communications
  
 
*'''SalesForce Metadata Migration'''
 
*'''SalesForce Metadata Migration'''
**Currently collecting information for our all of our projects to put into SalesForce.  
+
**Continue to work with Kate to finish the migration.  
 
+
**Active projects should be complete.
*'''Source Forge Update'''
+
**Currently collecting Archive project information
**I have had a response from their accounts team.  
+
**They are in the middle of a large internal restructuring.
+
**I am still waiting to hear back from them about our accounts.
+
  
 
*'''Daily Project based queries and requests'''
 
*'''Daily Project based queries and requests'''
Line 37: Line 46:
 
**Project based administrative help
 
**Project based administrative help
 
**Project status information
 
**Project status information
** Information request from outside the community regarding projects
+
**Several project donations questions
  
 
*'''[https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/document/d/1MA3TI5ssclxvheV8At_ffu2Fuic55SDpOokS3AOvBUc/edit#bookmark=id.ceef3790c8d6 DHS Host Project Funding Proposal]'''
 
*'''[https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/document/d/1MA3TI5ssclxvheV8At_ffu2Fuic55SDpOokS3AOvBUc/edit#bookmark=id.ceef3790c8d6 DHS Host Project Funding Proposal]'''
**Deborah has sent us the agreement letter, and I have agreed to the terms. 
 
 
**We are currently waiting to hear back from Deborah regarding funds transfer.
 
**We are currently waiting to hear back from Deborah regarding funds transfer.
 +
**They have a big conference next week so I suspect they are quite busy putting that together.
 +
**I will touch base with her afterwards.
  
*'''[https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/document/d/1ilLGVEM4zWiPgMPDRHe8ARdeLSnoBTUtMq0C-Ta45tc/edit?authkey=CLTW_MUO&authkey=CLTW_MUO Projects Handbook]'''
+
*'''[https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/document/d/1MpZx5w4TaqS-FoQaEXDhncz6dhG4mdgC4id2HsJQhjc/edit# Projects Handbook]'''
**Have been editing this throughout the week.
+
**[https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/document/d/1ilLGVEM4zWiPgMPDRHe8ARdeLSnoBTUtMq0C-Ta45tc/edit?authkey=CLTW_MUO&authkey=CLTW_MUO# The archived Handbook]
 +
**Completing this will help us move forward in projects significantly as we know.
 +
**I have gone through it this week, and I feel it is in a good pre-final draft stage.
 +
**Please have a read through it and we can discuss it in our next meeting.  
  
 
==More Funding Potential==
 
==More Funding Potential==
 
#[https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/document/d/16ZFXaML8C7aDAZdyTMDDg4BzLr1vUTOz9eqmYE8ZW8U/edit OWASP ESAPI FUNDING PROPOSAL]
 
#[https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/document/d/16ZFXaML8C7aDAZdyTMDDg4BzLr1vUTOz9eqmYE8ZW8U/edit OWASP ESAPI FUNDING PROPOSAL]
#DHS has expressed interest in funding the OWASP ESAPI Project.
+
#I was able to get in touch and meet with Chris this week.
#We have started filling out the information on the proposal questionnaire.  
+
#He has agreed to continue as the project leader for ESAP Reboot 2012.
 
+
#We have agreed to start working together on the DHS Funding Proposal.
==Important Meeting Discussion Points== 
+
#If we are successful, this will be another $25K for projects.  
# Lets start editing our Project Handbook.
+
# OWASP ESAPI: Trying to get funding for this project.
+
# Have not been able to get in touch with Chris.
+
  
 
   
 
   
 
[[Category:GPC_Meetings]]
 
[[Category:GPC_Meetings]]
 
[[Category:GPC_Meetings/2012]]
 
[[Category:GPC_Meetings/2012]]

Latest revision as of 02:50, 12 October 2012

Contents

Project Division Updates

  • Project Numbers
    • Active Projects: 113
    • Archived Projects: 41
    • Graveyard Projects: 24
    • Merged Projects: 43
  • Pending Project Donations: We are still working on creating a Project Donation Contract. Sarah is looking into this for us.
  • Pending New Project Leader Appointment
    • OWASP Stinger project: This project is currently being transfered. The new project leader has been appointed.

Currently Working On

  • Projects Communications Restructuring
    • Continue to fill this in weekly with relevant information.
    • The information will be changing as we are not done with the projects handbook, and we have not finalised the actual processes yet.
    • Completed pages:
      • Welcome
      • Starting a New Project
      • Project Database
      • Marketing Materials
      • Sponsorship and Donations
      • Global Projects Committee Page
      • Contact Us
    • Incomplete Pages
      • Project Assessment
      • Project Terminology
      • Press and Communications
  • SalesForce Metadata Migration
    • Continue to work with Kate to finish the migration.
    • Active projects should be complete.
    • Currently collecting Archive project information
  • Daily Project based queries and requests
    • This has not changed much since I began the post: questions are very similar in nature.
    • AppSec USA 2012 queries
    • Travel queries
    • Budget based questions
    • Funding questions
    • Project based administrative help
    • Project status information
    • Several project donations questions
  • DHS Host Project Funding Proposal
    • We are currently waiting to hear back from Deborah regarding funds transfer.
    • They have a big conference next week so I suspect they are quite busy putting that together.
    • I will touch base with her afterwards.
  • Projects Handbook
    • The archived Handbook
    • Completing this will help us move forward in projects significantly as we know.
    • I have gone through it this week, and I feel it is in a good pre-final draft stage.
    • Please have a read through it and we can discuss it in our next meeting.

More Funding Potential

  1. OWASP ESAPI FUNDING PROPOSAL
  2. I was able to get in touch and meet with Chris this week.
  3. He has agreed to continue as the project leader for ESAP Reboot 2012.
  4. We have agreed to start working together on the DHS Funding Proposal.
  5. If we are successful, this will be another $25K for projects.