Revision as of 15:03, 9 November 2012 by Samantha Groves
Project Division Updates
- Project Numbers
- Active Projects: 113
- Archived Projects: 41
- Merged Projects: 43
- Pending Project Donations:
- OWASP XSS Cheat Sheet: Needs contract.
- OWASP Security Shepherd Needs contract.
- Pending Incubator Project Applications:
- OWASP Periodic Table of Vulnerabilities (Will set this up today)
- OWASP Application Security Awareness Top 10 E-Learning Project (Will set this up next week)
Currently Working On
- Projects at Global AppSec Conferences
- AppSec 2012 Images are up.
- Currently preparing for AppSec APAC.
- OSS and OWASP Projects Track preparations are currently taking place.
- Salesforce Metadata Migration
- All project data is now in Salesforce.
- I continue to work with Kate to finish the migration.
- We are currently working on creating a template e-mail to send to all active project leaders asking them to update their information. (Still seeking help for this)
- Developed 8 forms to help with future requests: You can find them in the project handbook 2013 version, linked in their various sections.
- Currently looking into developing the forms in Salesforce.
- Project Promotion Events
- We are looking into applying for a booth at FOSDEM
- Our application will depend on whether our OWASP main track speaker applicants get accepted.
- The booth would be free.
- SourceForge Update
- I have reached out to the SourceForge people for a meeting.
- I have not had a response.
- I will continue to reach out until I have a reply from them.
- Project Processes Development https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/document/d/15lPNSxokO5ogGxWo-xvLNYh0C3c8-nWjgWnRfTfm0OU/edit
- Putting the handbook aside until these are fleshed out and agreed to.
- I feel it is a much better idea to tackle individually, and them add them to the handbook.
- Process form development
- Project Stage Benefits
- Project Graduation Process
- Project Graduation Criteria
- Daily Project based queries and requests
- This has not changed much since I began the post: questions are very similar in nature.
- Global AppSec questions
- Funding queries
- Travel availability
- Project based administrative help
- Project status information
- Several project donations questions
- OWASP LinkedIn Updates
- What's happening with projects, questions
More Funding Potential
- OWASP ESAPI FUNDING PROPOSAL
- The ESAPI proposal is done: Thank you Jim Manico and Kevin Wall for finalising the technical questions.
- Submission was held up due to some budget questions raised by Kevin and Chris.
- We re-evaluated the budget and made some changes.
- I've already submitted the proposal this afternoon. Deborah, the DHS representative, has confirmed.
- This is for $25,000 from the DHS.
- The Google Grant process is a little trickier than expected
- Nevertheless, I am moving forward with the application with help from a Google for Non-Profits representative.
- I hope to complete the application by next week, if all goes well.
- I've already started the process for the OWASP ModSecurity Proposal as well.
- This will be for $30,000.
- Samantha Groves
- Kate Hartmann
- Jason Li
- Nishi Kumar
- Keith Turpin
Primary Outcomes and Decisions
- Jason: Find the final version of the contract with SourceForge, and send to all GPC members.
- Jason: Locate the e-mail exchange between SourceForge and GPC that includes their inability to meet our project feedback standards.
- Samantha: Touch base with the SourceForge account people, and attempt to schedule a meeting with them next week.
- We have decided to end the contract with SourceForge after we sort out the invoice next week.
- Develop a communications piece letting the community know why the account with SourceForge was closed.
- Samantha: Send Kate a list of accounts created under OWASP's name in the Google Grants website.
- Samantha: Send an updated list of the Project Lifecycle process stages to GPC.
- GPC: Look through new Projects Handbook, and note down any questions, concerns or objections before our next meeting.
- Goal: Get the handbook and project processes finished by the 1st of January.