Revision as of 14:53, 7 December 2012 by Samantha Groves
Project Division Updates
- Project Numbers
- Active Projects: 117 ( Need to define "Active Project" criteria)
- Archived Projects: 41
Currently Working On
- SourceForge Update
- Audrey from Geeknet has responded to me.
- The Geeknet team has decided not to accept any of our options, see below:
- Option 1: OWASP would like to propose that Geeknet waive either all or a percentage of the invoice fee, and redistribute the funds as a donation to the OWASP Foundation.
- Option 2: OWASP would like to propose a 1 year corporate membership, and a 6 month online rotating banner advertisement in exchange for $10,000 being deduction from the Invoice in question. Total value: $17,500 in OWASP Services.
- However, they did deduct $2500 from the original invoice: Update Geeknet Invoice.
- We have agreed to take this deduction, and are currently processing their payment.
- OWASP Licenses Update
- I drafted the e-mail Justin asked me to put together regarding the three projects with non open source licenses.
- I have sent it to all GPC members.
- I have made the changes as well: Letter.
- Lets discuss how we want to handle this.
- AppSec APAC 2013: Planning
- OSS & OPT forms are up.
- Developed banners for each event: Projects Page.
- Using the banners in a communications piece that will launch next week. LinkedIn, Blog, Twitter.
- I am attending the conference to help coordinate the event, and I am leading the Chapter Leader Workshop with the help of a translator.
- Salesforce Data Migration
- Salesforce migration is now complete.
- All project data is up-to-date based on the GPCs project inventory spreadsheet.
- Project Support Volunteer Role Development
- This role was developed to help the 3 Guidebook projects with project support duties.
- We received 14 applicants in total.
- The application is now closed
- Roles will be allocated next week.
- Daily Project based queries and requests
- This has not changed much since I began the post: questions are very similar in nature.
- Global AppSec questions.
- Funding queries.
- Travel availability.
- Project based administrative help.
- Project status information.
- Several project donations questions.
- OWASP LinkedIn Updates.
- What's happening with projects, questions.
More Funding Potential
- Guidebooks Grant Payment: Deb has delivered the correct form, and we are in the process of putting it together for her.
- ESAPI Grant Proposal: Still waiting to hear back from Deb.
- Google Grants Application is complete and Submitted.
- We are set to hear back from the Google Grants team by the beginning of 2013.
- We have now begun the process of grant writing for the ModSecurity Project.
- Ryan and I are still developing the project plan.
- This will be for a $30,000 grant proposal for the DHS.
- Samantha Groves
- Nishi Kumar
- Keith Turpin
- Kate Hartmann
- ModSecurity Proposal grant writing has is in progress.
- SourceForge: They have responded. They decided to decline both options proposed by OWASP, but they have have deducted $2500 from the original bill. We are currently processing the new invoice.
- AppSec APAC 2013: Call for Entries for the Open Source Showcase & OWASP Projects Track will be launched again. Justin, Sam and possibly Nishi and Keith will attend.
- Part-Time Project Support Volunteer Role for Guidebook Projects: Final applicant count was 14. We are currently processing the applications and will allocate roles come next week.
- FOSDEM: Application for a stand was submitted this week. If we get the placement, Seba and Martin K. will manage it for OWASP.
- Nishi: Will touch base with Matt Tesauro regarding the wiki file size requirement.
- Question for Justin: Have you spoken to James Greenberg from AppSec Labs? Have to come to a decision regarding their license choice, and whether they are choosing to continue as an OWASP Project?
- Question: Do we have criteria that measures whether a project is active?: Answer: OpsTeam is working on send an e-mail through Salesforce that will ask all current 'Active' project leaders to give us a status update, and it will give them an opportunity to update their information.
- Active Project Criteria: We discussed making it mandatory to ask project leaders to send us an update every six months, or annually. The aim is to make sure a project is still active.