Revision as of 11:57, 7 December 2012 by Samantha Groves
Project Division Updates
- Project Numbers
- Active Projects: 117 ( Need to define "Active Project" criteria)
- Archived Projects: 41
Currently Working On
- SourceForge Update
- Audrey from Geeknet has responded to me.
- The Geeknet team has decided not to accept any of our options, see below:
- Option 1: OWASP would like to propose that Geeknet waive either all or a percentage of the invoice fee, and redistribute the funds as a donation to the OWASP Foundation.
- Option 2: OWASP would like to propose a 1 year corporate membership, and a 6 month online rotating banner advertisement in exchange for $10,000 being deduction from the Invoice in question. Total value: $17,500 in OWASP Services.
- However, they did deduct $2500 from the original invoice: Update Geeknet Invoice.
- We have agreed to take this deduction, and are currently processing their payment.
- Project Support Volunteer Role Development
- This role was developed to help the 3 Guidebook projects with project support duties.
- Please see the Volunteer Job Descriptions for more details.
- We are looking for 3 separate volunteers that will be responsible for the same role.
- Each volunteer will be responsible for project support duties for one project.
- We sent out the announcement for volunteers through the OWASP Connect E-Newsletter.
- We have 7 applicants so far.
- OWASP Licenses Update
- I drafted the e-mail Justin asked me to put together regarding the three projects with non open source licenses.
- I have sent it to all GPC members.
- Please have a read and let me know if you would like to alter the message in any way.
- Starting a Project
- Project Licensing
- OWASP Licenses
- Lets discuss how we want to handle this.
- Salesforce Data Migration
- Kate and I continue to work on this initiative.
- We have completed migrating all of the information into the platform.
- We have a handfull of new projects that need to be brought into Salesforce.
- Kate has create a template e-mail that will ask all project leaders to update their information.
- We plan on sending it out next week in stages: Flagships, Labs, Incubators.
- Daily Project based queries and requests
- This has not changed much since I began the post: questions are very similar in nature.
- Global AppSec questions.
- Funding queries.
- Travel availability.
- Project based administrative help.
- Project status information.
- Several project donations questions.
- OWASP LinkedIn Updates.
- What's happening with projects, questions.
More Funding Potential
- Guidebooks Grant Payment: Deb is in the process of delivering the correct tax forms.
- ESAPI Grant Proposal: Still waiting to hear back from Deb.
- Google Grants Application is complete and Submitted.
- We are set to hear back from the Google Grants team by the beginning of 2013.
- We have now begun the process of grant writing for the ModSecurity Project.
- Ryan has completed his project plan for the ModSecurity Project.
- This will be for a $30,000 grant proposal for the DHS.
- Samantha Groves
- Nishi Kumar
- Keith Turpin
- Meeting canceled today as Nishi and Keith were the only ones besides me who attended, and we were having connectivity issues.
- Google Grants Proposal has been submitted.
- ModSecurity Proposal grant writing has begun.
- SourceForge: Have not heard back from Geeknet Representatives. I have reached out to them this week. Will try again next week.
- AppSec APAC 2013: Call for Entries for the Open Source Showcase & OWASP Projects Track has been launched.
- Part-Time Project Support Volunteer Role for Guidebook Projects: We now have 7 applicants for the role. I am currently managing the applications.
- We have a speaking opportunity at FOSDEM. Simon Bennetts is presenting ZAP. I am applying for an OWASP stand.
- Nishi: Thank you for putting together the AppSec USA 2012 Conference presentations for us. They look great!