Difference between revisions of "GPC/Meetings/2012-07-09"

From OWASP
Jump to: navigation, search
Line 16: Line 16:
 
**[[OWASP Xenotix XSS Exploit Framework|OWASP Xenotix XSS Exploit Framework]]  
 
**[[OWASP Xenotix XSS Exploit Framework|OWASP Xenotix XSS Exploit Framework]]  
  
*'''Current Projects Communications/Documents'''
 
**[https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/document/pub?id=1ilLGVEM4zWiPgMPDRHe8ARdeLSnoBTUtMq0C-Ta45tc&ndplr=1 Projects Hanbook]
 
**[https://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Projects_Dashboard_2.0 Projects Dashboard 2.0]
 
**[https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhtB029bdcxGdFN1R2NIMTNROXN3dml4ZEcxXzJQYXc#gid=0 OWASP Global Feedback and Inquiry Form]
 
**[https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:OWASP_Project OWASP Projects Home Page]
 
**[https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Amvv_7Gz8Z7TdEY5cjQ1ZXByYnBkWTZ4dVNid0V1TXc&pli=1#gid=0 Projects Inventory: What are these non-projects doing in this document?]
 
**[https://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Reviews_Dashboard OWASP Reviews Dashboards: How does one apply for review?]
 
**[https://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Project_Reviewers_Database Project Reviewers Database]
 
**[https://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Projects_Dashboard_2.0/By_Set_Up_Order OWASP Projects Dashboard 2.0/ Set up Order]
 
**[https://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Training OWASP Training: Promote awareness of projects]
 
**[https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/document/d/1Od_6wu8H1fiWlLN9A86NXxQvE1eiEmn4Pp58Y4sbuyI/edit#heading=h.8jvfxkx0l2we OWASP Projects FAQ]
 
  
*'''My Recommendations for a Projects Communication Structure'''
+
* '''Inquiries to the Committee'''
*[https://www.owasp.org/index.php/AppSecLatam2012 This is what I want it to resemble visually.]
+
*[https://www.owasp.org/images/d/d5/Projects_Communication_Organisation.jpg Organisation of Project Information]
+
 
+
* '''Current Project Lifecycle, Reviews and Community Concerns'''
+
**Needs streamlining: Concerns over unclear process
+
**Lost a project due to complexity of process graduation process
+
***“overly complicated, too many reviewers, frustrating” - OWASP Volunteers
+
**Process Forms? Where are they? Ex. Project Donation Form. Where is Project’s Portal?
+
 
+
* '''PM Inquiries to the Committee'''
+
 
**Proposal for Next Primary Goal: Organisation and updating of Projects information/communication
 
**Proposal for Next Primary Goal: Organisation and updating of Projects information/communication
 
**Proposal for Third Primary Goal: organise/structure/create project review process
 
**Proposal for Third Primary Goal: organise/structure/create project review process

Revision as of 15:32, 7 September 2012

Contents

Project Division Updates


  • Inquiries to the Committee
    • Proposal for Next Primary Goal: Organisation and updating of Projects information/communication
    • Proposal for Third Primary Goal: organise/structure/create project review process
    • Is this what you are looking for in terms of organisation of information
    • Shall we update current pages to reflect the current project lifecycle and assessment criteria that has already been agreed to with the understanding that it shall be streamlined in the future?


Currently Working On

  • Projects Communications Restructuring:
    • I have begun to create a the wiki template for the new OWASP Projects page. I am having a bit of trouble with the tabs, but I am getting help from volunteers on how to do this.
  • Daily Project based queries and requests
  • AppSec USA OSS
    • We rolled out the marketing for this recently, and we have received 6 entries. As of today, all 6 entries have been accepted. I am drafting acceptance letters with information on what comes next for the attendees. These will be sent out next week. We are now sorting logistics and travel for the accepted project leaders.
    • There is the question of travel aid for some of the project leaders. I suggest we set aside $3,000 for those PLs that ask for financial assistance to get to AppSec USA.
  • OWASP ZAP Project Marketing Recommendations

•• The marketing recommendations have been agreed on by Simon and I. I am currently putting together the projects plan to roll it out.

•• Andrew, Matteo, Eoin and I met to speak about this in more depth. Deborah, the home office representative, had some concerns about PM software and travel expenses in the budget. She would like to know if we are able to re-allocate those expenses. This meeting clarified many of the questions I had about Deborah's concerns. The PM software is available open source and we have applied for a license already, and the travel expenses can now come from the OWASP section of the budget.

    • Kate, Deborah and I participated in an interview where we discussed her concerns. See above. The interview went very well, and we are currently waiting to hear back from her. She was going to send us specific instructions on what she needed from us regarding the budget, and she is going to send us an updated proposal form so we can start applying for 2 other OWASP projects she expressed an interest in.
  • Atlassian Open Source License
    • Andrew and I worked together on this application. The Atlassian representative has gotten back to us and the company has decided that a community license would suit this project better. We are in the process of writing an application for the new license recommendation.

Projects Communication Structure Development Update

  1. We will have weekly meetings to discuss updates on projects issues. The meetings will be every Friday at 2pm GMT.
  2. Communications structure has been agreed upon. We will organise our projects communication through the use of Tabs in the OWASP Projects section of the wiki.
  3. Agreement has been made to finish the OWASP Projects Handbook
  4. Committee must re-evaluate the project lifecycle procedure
  5. All of the Projects documentation must either be updated or created and organised in the correct locations on the wiki. Changes should be agreed upon by the committee before they are made live to the community.

AppSec Ireland

  1. Jason Li and Samantha will meet next week, Tues 28th August 2012, to discuss items in more detail.
  2. Justin will work on the Project's Handbook before our next GPC meeting
  3. Samantha will add Project Lifecycle recommendations before our next GPC meeting
  4. Find out what is Jason's availability to participate in the GPC
  5. What is the availability of other GPC members?

Important Meeting Outcomes and Discussion Points

  1. Jason Li and Samantha will meet next week, Tues 28th August 2012, to discuss items in more detail.
  2. Justin will work on the Project's Handbook before our next GPC meeting
  3. Samantha will add Project Lifecycle recommendations before our next GPC meeting
  4. Find out what is Jason's availability to participate in the GPC
  5. What is the availability of other GPC members?