Front Range OWASP Conference 2013/Introduction
Welcome to SnowFROC 2013 - the 5th Annual Front Range OWASP Security Conference
After successful FROC's in June of 2008, March of 2009, 2010 and 2012 we are back in Denver, Colorado USA on March 28-29, 2013. Primary conference proceedings will be held on Thursday with informal "Birds of a Feather" sessions on Friday morning (half-day). We're also trying to arrange discounted skiing for those looking to break free on Friday for the weekend.
The conference is a full day, multi-track event, which will provide valuable information for managers and executives as well as developers and engineers. Tracks are still being finalized but will include:
- Cloud Security - focused on how cloud hosting changes the security model and implementation of security controls
- Web App Security Management - focused on the manager's view of web application security with a special focus on scope, boundaries, responsibilities, and legal considerations
- Deep Dive Technical - focused on hard technical problems like encryption across an n-tiered web application stack, auditing web app mashups, and HTML 5 security concerns
- Web Application Security Testing - focused on testing web apps, especially large and complex enterprise apps
- Legal Aspects of Web App Security - focused on liability considerations and other concerns of particular interest to managers, executives, and counsel (will be awarded CLE credit)
While the tracks are ongoing we'll also have a capture the flag (CTF) competition underway featuring homegrown hacking challenges.
In 2012, we attracted a packed venue with our great AppSec speakers, and we hope to achieve the same again in 2013.
Pesentation Selection Committee