Front Range OWASP Conference 2013
Looking for the 2012 presentations? They are here
Welcome to SnowFROC 2013, the fifth Front Range OWASP Application Security Conference!
After successful FROC's in June of 2008, March of 2009, 2010 and 2012 we are back in Denver, Colorado USA. The date is still TBD but will be in March 2013 on a Thursday. The conference will continue with informal "Birds of a Feather" sessions on Friday morning (half-day). We'll update the page with specific dates as soon as the venue confirms availability.
The conference is a full day, multi-track event, which will provide valuable information for managers and executives as well as developers and engineers. Tracks are still being finalized but will include:
- Cloud Security - focused on how cloud hosting changes the security model and implementation of security controls
- Web App Security Management - focused on the manager's view of web application security with a special focus on scope, boundaries, responsibilities, and legal considerations
- Deep Dive Technical - focused on hard technical problems like encryption across an n-tiered web application stack, auditing web app mashups, and HTML 5 security concerns
- Web Application Security Testing - focused on testing web apps, especially large and complex enterprise apps
- Legal Aspects of Web App Security - focused on liability considerations and other concerns of particular interest to managers, executives, and counsel (will be awarded CLE credit)
In 2012, we attracted a packed venue with our great AppSec speakers, and we hope to achieve the same again in 2013.
Agenda and Presentations: tbd 2013
The agenda follows the successful OWASP conference multi track format, with opening keynotes and presentations in the main room, split tracks in the middle of the day, and closing panel discussions back in the main room.
|March 22nd, 2012|
|07:45-08:30||Registration and Continental Breakfast in the Adirondack Room|
|08:30-08:45|| Welcome to SnowFROC 2013 Conference
OWASP Denver and OWASP Boulder Chapter Leaders
State of OWASP
|09:10-10:10|| Keynote: tbd
|10:10-10:30||Break - Expo|
|Tech Track - Zenith Room 640||Management Track|
| tbd Mngmnt
|11:15-12:00|| tbd tech
| tbd tech
|12:00-13:00||Lunch - Expo|
|13:00-13:50|| tbd tech
| tbd mngmnt
|13:50-14:40|| tbd tech
| tbd mngmnt
|15:00-15:50|| tbd tech
| tbd Mngmnt
|15:50-16:30|| End of Conference Panel Discussion:
Topic: Attendees' choice(s)?
Moderator: tbd Panelists: tbd, others
|16:30-17:30||Wrap up, vendor raffles!|
OWASP is in the process of negotiating discounted rates with the uber-pimpin Hotel Teatro. Rooms under the FROC rate will be competitively priced and include courtesy Cadillac Escalade transportation to and from Auraria Campus.
To reserve a room, contact Hotel Teatro at +1.303.228.1100 and mention SnowFROC or use the iHotelier.com link here.
How to get to the venue?
- By taxi: taxi from the airport to venue is about $50 USD
- From hotel: transport from the conference hotel (Hotel Teatro) by limo is free
- By car: there is plenty of parking at the Tivoli. Attendees should park at the Tivoli lot (as in past years). Parking validation will be provided for registered FROC participants.
Call for Presentations
If you are interested in sponsoring the Front Range OWASP Conference, please contact Kathy Thaxton at kathy.thaxton at owasp dot org.
We were proud to have the following sponsors for 2012's conference and hope to see them again:
- Whitehat Security
- HP ESP
- Coalfire Systems
- Silvertail Systems
- South Seas Corporation