Difference between revisions of "February 6, 2012 SB Report"

From OWASP
Jump to: navigation, search
(Created page with "Sarah Baso - Activity for January 2012 (Prepared for Feb 6, 2012 Board Meeting) ==Chapters Committee== '''General Committee Info''' * Committee Membership: 3 resignations: P...")
 
 
(4 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)
Line 15: Line 15:
 
* Updated, alphabetized, and formatted (new image on chapter page as well: https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Owasp_around_the_world
 
* Updated, alphabetized, and formatted (new image on chapter page as well: https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Owasp_around_the_world
 
* Worked with chapters committee to draft email & [https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dF92bVI0bXRIUU85SHVwdUdlSHIyQmc6MQ google form] to be sent to all chapter leaders to track reading and agreeing to terms of new chapter handbook. Email sent on 15-Jan-2012 to individuals (all leader emails posted to the chapter wiki pages), then leaders and owasp-chapters list to cover those who may not have been posted to their chapter pages. Follow-up reminder sent 26-Jan-2012. Will continue to send follow up emails to complete initiative by 28-Feb-2012.
 
* Worked with chapters committee to draft email & [https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dF92bVI0bXRIUU85SHVwdUdlSHIyQmc6MQ google form] to be sent to all chapter leaders to track reading and agreeing to terms of new chapter handbook. Email sent on 15-Jan-2012 to individuals (all leader emails posted to the chapter wiki pages), then leaders and owasp-chapters list to cover those who may not have been posted to their chapter pages. Follow-up reminder sent 26-Jan-2012. Will continue to send follow up emails to complete initiative by 28-Feb-2012.
** As of 6-Feb-2012, response received from 50% of Chapter Leaders.
+
** As of 6-Feb-2012, '''response received from 50% of Chapter Leaders.'''
* Work with Kate Hartmann to ensure that chapter-related requests through [http://sl.owasp.org/contactus Contact Us Form ] are addressed in a timely fashion.
+
* Ongoing -  Work with Kate Hartmann to ensure that chapter-related requests through [http://sl.owasp.org/contactus Contact Us Form ] are addressed in a timely fashion.
* Setting up new chapters -- @owasp.org email accounts, wiki page, mailing list, add to leader mailing list, and ensure chapter appears on regonline chapter list.
+
* Ongoing - Setting up new chapters -- @owasp.org email accounts, wiki page, mailing list, add to leader mailing list, and ensure chapter appears on regonline chapter list.
* Respond to various chapter leader questions/requests via email
+
* Ongoing - Respond to various chapter leader questions/requests via email
* Manage OWASP merchandise requests via google doc, including business cards.  
+
*Ongoing - Manage OWASP merchandise requests via google doc, including business cards.  
  
  
Line 43: Line 43:
 
'''Major Activities/Projects''' (in addition to attending monthly committee meetings, taking & posting meeting minutes):
 
'''Major Activities/Projects''' (in addition to attending monthly committee meetings, taking & posting meeting minutes):
 
* 2013 Summit Planning - 2 meetings in January (16-Jan and 30-Jan), drafted and sent out RFP, created: https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Summit_2013  
 
* 2013 Summit Planning - 2 meetings in January (16-Jan and 30-Jan), drafted and sent out RFP, created: https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Summit_2013  
* drafted CFP/CFT for AppSec APAC and google form to collect responses
+
* Drafted CFP/CFT for AppSec APAC and google forms ([http://sl.owasp.org/apac2012training CFT])(http://sl.owasp.org/apac2012talks CFP]) to collect responses. More info posted to conference page: http://www.appsecapac.org
* drafted sponsorship doc for AppSec APAC
+
* Created [https://www.owasp.org/images/a/aa/AppSec_AsiaPac_2012_Sponsorship.pdf sponsorship doc for AppSec APAC]
 
* Wiki updates AppSec APAC
 
* Wiki updates AppSec APAC
 
* Editing/reviewing venue contract for AppSec APAC
 
* Editing/reviewing venue contract for AppSec APAC
Line 50: Line 50:
 
* Regonline set up for Australia & basic template for Greece, Appsec Ireland
 
* Regonline set up for Australia & basic template for Greece, Appsec Ireland
 
* Created Sponsorship agreement template for OWASP US (based on Seba’s for EU)
 
* Created Sponsorship agreement template for OWASP US (based on Seba’s for EU)
* Created documents 2012 Global Sponsorship packages (including statistics from last years Global AppSec Events) & financial breakdown
+
* Created documents [https://www.owasp.org/images/d/d3/2012_OWASP_Global_Conference_Sponsorships_v2.pdf 2012 Global Sponsorship packages] (including statistics from last years Global AppSec Events) & [https://www.owasp.org/images/d/d0/2012GlobalSponsorshipMatrix.jpg financial breakdown - value of packages]
* OWASP info pack to accompany sponsorship docs and send to media with Q’s about org.
+
* Created [https://www.owasp.org/images/7/7f/2012_OWASP_Information_Kit_v2.pdf  OWASP info pack] to accompany sponsorship docs and send to media with Q’s about org.
* Updated and monitored [https://spreadsheets0.google.com/a/owasp.org/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dF85bGtvdWdrd2JjYldNZ1gxSkJxaEE6MQ google form] for tracking schwag requests and monitor OCMS for events that have requested schwag but not entered request into google form.
+
* Ongoing - Updated and monitored [https://spreadsheets0.google.com/a/owasp.org/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dF85bGtvdWdrd2JjYldNZ1gxSkJxaEE6MQ google form] for tracking schwag requests and monitor OCMS for events that have requested schwag but not entered request into google form.
*Work with Konik, Kate, Rocksport, Zazzle, Lulu, and other misc. vendors to fulfull merchandise and conference requests.
+
*Ongoing - Work with Konik, Kate, Rocksport, Zazzle, Lulu, and other misc. vendors to fulfull merchandise and conference requests.  
  
  
 
==Other==
 
==Other==
 
* Worked with Dinis Cruz to create scripts to generate statistics on OWASP Mailing List subscribers. Statistics gathered on 6-Feb-2012 are posted here: http://owasp.blogspot.com/2012/02/owasp-mailing-lists-subscriber-count.html
 
* Worked with Dinis Cruz to create scripts to generate statistics on OWASP Mailing List subscribers. Statistics gathered on 6-Feb-2012 are posted here: http://owasp.blogspot.com/2012/02/owasp-mailing-lists-subscriber-count.html
* Conference calls for staff meetings, Sales Force, international finance
+
* Conference calls for staff meetings, status updates, international event planners.

Latest revision as of 03:37, 7 February 2012

Sarah Baso - Activity for January 2012 (Prepared for Feb 6, 2012 Board Meeting)

Chapters Committee

General Committee Info

  • Committee Membership: 3 resignations: Puneet Mehta, Andrew van der Stock, Mandeep Khera
  • Committee Chair: New chair is Josh Sokol
  • January Committee Meeting Minutes: 16 & 17 January 2012
  • 2012 Chapters Committee Budget - $24,594.10 of $25,000 remaining ($405.90 spent).


Major Activities/Projects (in addition to attending monthly committee meetings, taking & posting meeting minutes):

  • Updated wiki pages with completed Chinese Translation of Chapter Handbook (translation coordinated by Ivy Zhang) - wiki pages mirror the layout of the Chapter handbook in English with "/cn" added to the end of the page: https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:Chapter_Handbook/cn
  • Created Gotomeeting instruction wiki page for chapter leaders: https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Chapter_Leader_Handbook/GoToMeeting
  • Updated, alphabetized, and formatted (new image on chapter page as well: https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Owasp_around_the_world
  • Worked with chapters committee to draft email & google form to be sent to all chapter leaders to track reading and agreeing to terms of new chapter handbook. Email sent on 15-Jan-2012 to individuals (all leader emails posted to the chapter wiki pages), then leaders and owasp-chapters list to cover those who may not have been posted to their chapter pages. Follow-up reminder sent 26-Jan-2012. Will continue to send follow up emails to complete initiative by 28-Feb-2012.
    • As of 6-Feb-2012, response received from 50% of Chapter Leaders.
  • Ongoing - Work with Kate Hartmann to ensure that chapter-related requests through Contact Us Form are addressed in a timely fashion.
  • Ongoing - Setting up new chapters -- @owasp.org email accounts, wiki page, mailing list, add to leader mailing list, and ensure chapter appears on regonline chapter list.
  • Ongoing - Respond to various chapter leader questions/requests via email
  • Ongoing - Manage OWASP merchandise requests via google doc, including business cards.


New Chapters and Chapter restarts in January:

  • Santa Barbara - David Shaw & Jimmy Mesta
  • Detroit - Josh Little and J. Wolfgang Goerlich
  • Bogota - Columbia - Yuly Paola Larrota Castro and German Alonso Suárez Guerrero
  • Royal Holloway - University of London - Dennis Groves and Dinis Cruz
  • Pune - Yogesh Kulkarni
  • Quebec City - Patrick Leclerc, Anne-Marie Faber, Yannick Bernoron


Conferences Committee

General Committee Info


Major Activities/Projects (in addition to attending monthly committee meetings, taking & posting meeting minutes):

  • 2013 Summit Planning - 2 meetings in January (16-Jan and 30-Jan), drafted and sent out RFP, created: https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Summit_2013
  • Drafted CFP/CFT for AppSec APAC and google forms (CFT)(http://sl.owasp.org/apac2012talks CFP]) to collect responses. More info posted to conference page: http://www.appsecapac.org
  • Created sponsorship doc for AppSec APAC
  • Wiki updates AppSec APAC
  • Editing/reviewing venue contract for AppSec APAC
  • Collecting/reviewing AppSec event budgets
  • Regonline set up for Australia & basic template for Greece, Appsec Ireland
  • Created Sponsorship agreement template for OWASP US (based on Seba’s for EU)
  • Created documents 2012 Global Sponsorship packages (including statistics from last years Global AppSec Events) & financial breakdown - value of packages
  • Created OWASP info pack to accompany sponsorship docs and send to media with Q’s about org.
  • Ongoing - Updated and monitored google form for tracking schwag requests and monitor OCMS for events that have requested schwag but not entered request into google form.
  • Ongoing - Work with Konik, Kate, Rocksport, Zazzle, Lulu, and other misc. vendors to fulfull merchandise and conference requests.


Other