Education Donated: OWASP ASVS 1.0 ~2 day training deck
Andrew van der Stock Donated full training 1.5 day to 2 day deck he gave at OWASP AU 2009 to the Education Project.
I am contributing the deck to the Education Project as is - it certainly needs help to get to a truly polished state. I think the areas that could be improved are:
- It currently refers to ASVS 1.0 beta. Ensure every single ASVS 1.0 (release) topic is covered.
- Speaker's notes on every single slide.
- Break it up into modules so folks can download and use it piecemeal
- Narration using SlideShare or similar.
- It's currently at around 1.5 days, but needs to be 2 days. More material or better labs need to be added
- Get the results up on the Wiki early and often.
- Ensure OWASP's standard copyright and licensing terms (CC) are stuck in it so if it's stolen and abused, we have a method of enforcement. I am releasing this to help OWASP, not for fee firms, although they can use it with attribution (see the CC licensing)
The original Keynote is here: (Zip compressed)
The Powerpoint export is here:
The Powerpoint export is a bit broken compared to the Keynote original. It will need cleaning up if you want to use that version (not recommended). I suggest keeping the master as Keynote, and exporting to Powerpoint or PDF as you need.
free to email me directly.