The ESAPI Swingset is a web application which demonstrates the many uses of the Enterprise Security API (ESAPI).
At present, there are two downloads available:
- All DEMO downloads are hosted on the Google Code site. You can find the latest downloads for the project here.
- All INTERACTIVE downloads are hosted on the Google Code site. You can find the latest downloads for the project here.
The Swingset/Apache Tomcat bundle contains everything you need to get Swingset up and running in a matter of minutes. No installation is necessary (assuming you have a Java JRE or JDK installed), just edit one line of a batch file or shell script and you're ready to go! If this is the first time you're looking at the Swingset, we recommend you download the bundle.
ESAPI Swingset/Apache Tomcat Bundle
- A Java JRE or JDK version 5 or later
- Please note that, Tomcat 5.5 and above uses the Eclipse JDT Java compiler for compiling JSP pages. This means you no longer need to have the complete Java Development Kit (JDK) to run Tomcat, but a Java Runtime Environment (JRE) is sufficient.
This download includes:
- Apache Tomcat version 6.0.18
- ESAPI Swingset application
- Scripts to load Tomcat with the Swingset on Windows, Mac OSX, or Linux
- README file with easy setup instructions
- Everything you need to try Swingset
How Can I help with Swingset
The ESAPI Swingset is still in an early beta stage. Many pages within Swingset are still incomplete, and we could certainly use some help getting them finished. If you are interested in helping, please see this page for instructions on how to download and build the latest SVN version of the Swingset.
If you have any ideas for how the ESAPI Swingset could be better, or if you would like to submit new code, please contact Jeff Williams.