|Join hundreds of other Developers and InfoSec professionals for Training, Sessions and Community at our first conference of 2019|
[AppSec Tel Aviv, May 26-30th]
ESAPI Session Management
Feature Overview (in Version 2.0)
- Be able to distinguish initial login and subsequent login after session timeout (working)
- To Change session ID after a successful login with optional session content replication so that a timed out user can continue where he/she has left off (working)
- Safe session management functions that will reject invalid session requests. For example, a request for session contents on an expired session should be rejected until the session is reactivated.
- Automatic CSRF token validation in a centralized location.
- A collection of anti-CSRF tags that can automatically incorporate CSRF token in forms when used in JSP pages
- Add a secure form tag that does CSRF as well as other form protections like autocomplete
- Separate session management API and CSRF from the Authentication and HTTP utilities
- Add a flag to the changeSessionIdentifier method to not copy session content
- Consider whether ESAPI can provide CSRF protection without the User object - can we break the dependency