Revision as of 14:55, 11 December 2008 by Jwinstead
- Potentially rename Seal and Unseal to better describe what they do
- seal() should include an HMAC or integrity check to ensure that the encrypted data has not been tampered with (see CWE-649).
- The API should include support for key rotation; indicated key used for encryption of data
- The API should allow key management to be externalized, to allow developers to integrate their own key management strategies (such as a PKI).
- The documentation for each method should indicate whether it is designed to protect integrity, confidentiality, or both; and whether it is suitable for encrypting transient items (such as hidden form fields) or is designed for long-term storage.