Revision as of 00:22, 21 August 2011 by Kevin W. Wall
- Wrap Principal don't extend (a "principal" is an authenticated user in Java. Typically, a 'claimant' would be an unauthenticated user. User could be either authenticated or unauthenticated, depending on the context.)
- Work to make compatible with container based authentication
- Should work with more generic Credential type rather than assuming username / password. That would allow certificates, smart cards, and other more advanced means of authentication.
- Provide a reauthentication API
- consider mechanisms provided by vm to associate authentication state with the invocation (e.g. Java AccessControlContext including Subject)