Documents Assessment Criteria
This page is maintained by the Global Projects Committee to help assist Project Leaders with information about successfully running an OWASP Project. It will be updated from time to time, and changes will be discussed and announced on the OWASP-Leaders list.
Alpha Release Document Criteria
- Is this release associated with a project containing at least the Project Wiki Page Minimum Content information?
- Is your document licensed under a free and open license? (see Project Licensing section of the Guidelines for OWASP Projects)
- Is the document available as a PDF (Portable Document Format) and an editable (.Doc) format on the project site?
- Are all articles that constitute the project release properly tagged within project category and available from main project Wiki page?
- Is there a roadmap for this project release which will take it from Alpha to Stable release?
Beta Release Document Criteria
- Are the Alpha pre-assessment items complete?
- Are all document contents (articles) present and listed on the OWASP project wiki page?
- Is there an “About This Document” section in the document listing:
- Document (Project Release) Name
- Contact email address
- Current version and/or release date
- Project's web page address
Reviewer Action Items:
- Does the document consider the OWASP Writing Style?
- Do contents from wiki articles match download-able documents? (PDF and .doc versions)
- Does the document have an “About This Document” section which allows the end user to get an overview of the state of the document?
- How completely does the release address the goal of the project? Is the overall document complete in structure and organization? Are any missing or incomplete sections critical enough to keep the document at an Alpha quality level?
Stable Release Document Criteria
- Are the Alpha and Beta pre-assessment items complete?
- Have any limitations been documented?
- Does the document consider OWASP Writing Style and OWASP Template for Docs?
- Is there a one sheet overview document about the project release?
- Is the document in a format which can be converted to an OWASP book? (books are currently via Lulu.com)
Reviewer Action Items:
- Have all the Beta Reviewer Action Items been completed? These will need to be completed if they have not already occurred during a previous assessment.
- Does the document substantially address the application security issues it was created to solve?
- Does the document respect OWASP Writing Style and OWASP Template for Docs?
- Have you noted any limitations of the document that are not already documented by the project release lead?
- Would you consider using this document in your day to day work assuming your professional work includes a reason to use this document? Would you recommend this document to others in the profession? Why or why not?
- What, if anything, is missing which would make this a more useful document? Is what is missing critical enough to keep the release at a beta quality?