OWASP Foundation (Overview Slides) is a professional association of global members and is and open to anyone interested in learning more about software security. Local chapters are run independently and guided by the Chapter_Leader_Handbook. As a 501(c)(3) non-profit professional association your support and sponsorship of any meeting venue and/or refreshments is tax-deductible. Financial contributions should only be made online using the authorized online chapter donation button. To be a SPEAKER at ANY OWASP Chapter in the world simply review the speaker agreement and then contact the local chapter leader with details of what OWASP PROJECT, independent research or related software security topic you would like to present on.
Or consider the value of Individual, Corporate, or Academic Supporter membership. Ready to become a member?
September 2015 meet on 5th September, 2015 (Saturday) @ Airtel Center, Gurgaon
Note OWASP Delhi chapter meets are free and open to everyone. Prior registrations are mandatory in order to be allowed to attend the meet.
For Registration/RSVP please visit - http://bit.ly/1JgHmYQ
11:00 AM - 11:15 AM: Introductions
11:15 AM - 11:30 AM: News Bytes by Shantanu Goel
11:30 AM - 12:15 PM: Setting up a cost effective Application Security program from scratch by Tusnin Das and Ram K Awasthi
Abstract:Bugged by the astronomical price of the enterprise SAST and DAST tools how difficult it is for a mid-size/ small size organisation to set up their own secure SDLC program, the speakers came up with their own solution which would help any organisation to set up a cost-effective application security program
About the Speakers: Tusnin Das is a security professional with 14 years of extensive experience in the area of application security. He is currently working as a security researcher in Times Internet Limited. He has worked in a leading global financial institution and was instrumental in setting up its application security program. He has also filed several patents in the field of information security. His interest area also includes application scaling and artiﬁcial intelligence
Ram K Awasthi is a security professional with 14 years of extensive experience in the area of application development and application security. He currently heads the security program in Times Internet Limited. He has worked for several internet product companies and has been instrumental in building many of India’s prominent internet portals. His interest area also includes application performance, scalability and machine learning.
12:00 PM - 12:45 PM: Undersurf: Dark Reading by Akash Goel
Abstract: The following is a brief of the talk:
DarkWeb, DeepWeb and DarkNet?
- Brief Coverage of the concept, need and components for elementary knowledge.
Constituents: Information, Services and Access Tools
- Covers the various components of the information and services contained within DeepWeb and the basics on how to get to access to it.
- Crypto-anarchism and Transhumanism; Ashley Madison and Hacking Team Leaks - Description about the terror and anarchy, these dark services have led to. Their linkage to the recent hacks and growing reach/impact. - Bitcoins
Effect on the Globe: Economy and Harmony
- Cyber Espionage and Political Disruptions
- Hidden Wiki - Wiki Leaks - Exploits and Weaponry
- .onion e-commerce and terrorism
- Silk Road - IS and other militant groups
- Not all Dark is depraved
- The Dark Web: An Untapped Source For Threat Intelligence - Dark web doesn't have to be evil
- More info references and suggested readings
- Online Reading and Practical Suggestions - Tor - Reference News and Studies
- Relatable Fictions/Stories/Books
- God is a Gamer – Ravi Subramanium
About the Speaker: http://bit.ly/1IbPeZK
01:00 PM - 01:20 PM: Tea/Coffee/Networking Break
01:20 PM – 02:00 PM: Cyber Warfare Capabilities, A Reality Check by Rajeev Chauhan
Abstract The speaker will also discuss about following points:
- What is Cyber Warfare - Cyber Warfare Components - History and Present Day Scenario
02:00 PM - 2:15 PM: Feedback and Topic Discussion for Next Month
Where: Airtel Center Plot No 16, Udyog Vihar Phase IV, Gurgaon, Haryana 122001
How to Reach Venue: Auto available from IFFCO Chowk/MG Road Metro Station ( Airtel Office location is Atlas Chowk)
Nearest Metro Stations: 1. IFFCO Chowk Metro Station
2. MG Road Metro Station
3. Belvedere Towers Metro Station (Gurgaon Rapid Metro)
Google Maps - http://bit.ly/1G6eCCG
Join our low traffic mailing list for events information and technical discussions
Follow @OWASPdelhi for event updates on Twitter
Join our LinkedIn group for event updates on LinkedIn
OWASP Delhi Blog
Chapter Revival in June 2014
OWASP Delhi Meeting - Oct 30th, 2010
OWASP Delhi Meeting - May 2009
OWASP Delhi Meeting - January & February (Combined) 2009
OWASP Delhi Meeting - November 29th 2008
OWASP Delhi Meeting - October 18th 2008
Archived Page of Delhi Chapter
Past Committee Members for Delhi Chapter