Difference between revisions of "Defenders"
|Line 67:||Line 67:|
Revision as of 23:56, 22 February 2011
A community of security professionals and stakeholders with the common goal of advancing the state of security in the area of application defense, including the tools and techniques that enable the detection and response to application layer attacks.
AppSensor, ModSecurity, Real Time Log Analysis, Application Trending Techniques
Application Security Professionals, Infrastructure Security Teams, Developers looking to integrate defensive technologies
Builders, Breakers and Defenders; the idea of OWASP Communities is to bring together experts in the area that they are best at with the common goal of advancing the state of application security. This approach allows similar groups of professionals and experts to tackle security problems with the involvement of the most relevant stakeholders. The intent is to drive high quality output that is immediately usable by the target audience. More information about this vision can be found here
|| Michael Coates
|| John Melton
|| Ivan Ristic
|| Colin Watson
Watson Hall Ltd.
|| Ryan Barnett
| Chen King
| Fernando A. Damião
Want to contribute to the OWASP Defenders Community?
Add your info and send an email to email@example.com
- Determine the current market need. This requires involvement from people in enterprise that are tacking these problems. No guessing about what we think people need.
- Evaluate current OWASP projects to understand match with market need and quality of projects
- Identify 3-4 projects that will be focused on for growth and promotion
- Archive other projects that are abandoned or not inline with market need
- Cross training - We should all be able to help out to advance our 3-4 core projects
Official Defender Projects
To be determined - see roadmap