- 1 Join the Meeting - Connection Information
- 2 OWASP'er Mentions
- 3 Upcoming Events
- 4 Notable Project Activity
- 5 Activities Looking for Volunteers
- 6 OWASP Wiki
- 7 Announcements from the Foundation
- 8 Q&A
Join the Meeting - Connection Information
Watch the live or recorded meeting
- Before the meeting - add to the Q&A off this page or tweet (use #owasp)
- During the meeting - Via question & answer feature in google hangout or via twitter (use #owasp)
Did someone do something great in OWASP? Recognize them here. Anyone can (and should) add individuals here.
- Johanna Curiel - Leading community efforts to rally a team around projects
- Who - why
- May 8 - USA:Bay Area/San Francisco (eventbright link)
- May 10 - Brazil:Recife
- May 12 - USA:Orlando (meetup link)
- May 14 - Italy:Genova OWASP Day 2014
- May 17 - OWASP USA: New Jersey (meetup link)
- June 13 - Spain (Agenda link)
- Running a chapter and want your event featured in Community Update and on OWASP home page? Just add it to the OWASP events calendar
- Chapter Funds - Did you know you chapter has funds to use?
- Need funding for an OWASP activity? Check out the funding page
- OWASP Latam Tour - April 21, 2014 - May 9, 2014
- Starting in Chile, then Ecuador, Peru, Uruguay, Guatemala, Columbia, Argentina
- OWASP AppSec EU - 2014 June 23, 2014 - June 26, 2014
- Cambridge, UK
- OWASP AppSec USA - 2014 Sept. 16, 2014 - Sept. 19, 2014
- Denver, Colorado
Full conference calendar
Notable Project Activity
- OWASP Media Project - Want to broadcast to the world or your chapter? This project has all the resources and info to get you moving. See the list of items already on the OWASP Global Youtube Channel and instructions here
- Did you also knew that these subscribers would have received notice of the live event when they go to YouTube, thus giving you more view? Same goes for the recorded version.
- Did you know that we can easily feature it on owasp.org front page using the channel?
- And more importantly, did you knew that using OWASP official channel is the same as having your own channel, only that you have to switch account to page in Google? The only difference it would make is the name next to the video, it would be "OWASP".
- Thanks to project leader Jonathan Marcil
- Project Team: Yvan Boily, Nirmal Lama Titung, Ahmed Neil
- OWASP Python Security Project - Accepted to upcoming conference EuroPython
- The title of our talk is: "Tweaking libraries as a step towards secure programming"
- "Python Security is a free, open source, project that aims at creating a hardened version of python that makes it easier for security professionals and developers to write applications more resilient to attacks and manipulations. "
- Thanks to project leader Enrico Branca
Exciting Projects to Checkout
- 2013 Tools Watch Projects Winners
- #1 OWASP ZAP
- #5 OWASP Xenotix
- #10 OWASP O-SAFT OWASP SSL Advanced Forensic Tool
Activities Looking for Volunteers
Pages that Need Attention
- OWASP RegEx - Needs some regular expression expertise. Focus on ensuring updated with applicable regex dos concerns
Editing Tips & Tricks
Wiki Clean Up Crew
- See recent changes here - recent changes
- See special pages for more advanced queries of the wiki
- Wiki has an api - owasp api
Announcements from the Foundation
There are multiple ways to submit questions for the meeting. One option is to include your question here:
- Question - Your name