Revision as of 09:25, 22 April 2014 by MichaelCoates
- 1 Join the Meeting - Connection Information
- 2 OWASP'er Mentions
- 3 Upcoming Events
- 4 Notable Project Activity
- 5 Activities Looking for Volunteers
- 6 Wiki Pages that Need Attention
- 7 Announcements from the Foundation
- 8 Q&A
Join the Meeting - Connection Information
Watch the live or recorded meeting
- Before the meeting - add to the Q&A off this page or tweet (use #owasp)
- During the meeting - Via question & answer feature in google hangout or via twitter (use #owasp)
Did someone do something great in OWASP? Recognize them here. Anyone can (and should) add individuals here.
- Who - Why
- OWASP Latam Tour - April 21, 2014 - May 9, 2014
- Starting in Chile, then Ecuador, Peru, Uruguay, Guatemala, Columbia, Argentina
- OWASP AppSec EU - 2014 June 23, 2014 - June 26, 2014
- Cambridge, UK
Full conference calendar
Notable Project Activity
- OWASP ZAP 2.3.0
- <add yours>
Activities Looking for Volunteers
- WIki Curation - Anyone willing to fill in on leading this effort?
- Advice for Crest-approved Cyber Essentials Test Specification
- <add yours>
Wiki Pages that Need Attention
- HTTP Strict Transport Security - reported by community there is conflicting an outdated information. Needs attention - compare with wikipedia
Announcements from the Foundation
- New mailing list open to all - OWASP-community - OWASP_Community_List
- https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Polls - Community Polls
- Community Funding: All community funding requests -for chapters, project, initiatives, or ANYTHING - now go through this page: https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Funding. If there is feedback or clarification needed on the process email us at email@example.com.
- There is also a link from that page for full transparency of spending and availability of funds; https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Community_Engagement_-_Payments.
- This replaces (and expands upon) the previous OWASP on the move program.
- Speaker Agreement: https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Speaker_Agreement Recommendations for simplifying and clarifying as well as examples of what is acceptable and what is not.
- OWASP Portal is now live and community in beta: https://myowasp.force.com/
- We now are using the portal for all membership and event registrations (there are also public links (similar to guest checkout) to both so logging into the portal isn't required to purchase or attend. The portal is a central place to manage contact information, preferences such as chapter allocation, membership, event registration and coming soon donations.
- This page is a work in progress, but it should outline where to go to log in as well as FAQs. I have also added "Community portal" as an item in the left hand navigation menu on the wiki https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Portal
- Any and all comments are appreciated - the community functionality is obviously in beta and we will need to decide whether to leave that feature "turned on".
- Graphic Design: We have a graphic designer now to help with Foundation and community requests. Details about the costs and services are are here: https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Graphic_Design If chapters, projects, conferences have a need for anything design related, Hugo can help them and we will bill the according (chapter/project/conference budget). If community members have graphic design needs but no funds, they can submit a funding request (see above).
There are multiple ways to submit questions for the meeting. One option is to include your question here:
- Question - Your name