|Join hundreds of other Developers and InfoSec professionals for Training, Sessions and Community at our first conference of 2019|
[AppSec Tel Aviv, May 26-30th]
- 1 Join the Meeting - Connection Information
- 2 OWASP'er Mentions
- 3 Upcoming Events
- 4 Notable Project Activity
- 5 Activities Looking for Volunteers
- 6 OWASP Wiki
- 7 Announcements from the Foundation
- 8 Q&A
Join the Meeting - Connection Information
Watch the live or recorded meeting
- Before the meeting - add to the Q&A off this page or tweet (use #owasp)
- During the meeting - Via question & answer feature in google hangout or via twitter (use #owasp)
Did someone do something great in OWASP? Recognize them here. Anyone can (and should) add individuals here.
- Bill Sempf - @sempf - Contributions to Wiki cleanup efforts
- John Vargas - Wiki contributions for Latam Tour Planning
- OWASP Latam Tour - April 21, 2014 - May 9, 2014
- Starting in Chile, then Ecuador, Peru, Uruguay, Guatemala, Columbia, Argentina
- OWASP AppSec EU - 2014 June 23, 2014 - June 26, 2014
- Cambridge, UK
Full conference calendar
Notable Project Activity
Exciting Project to Checkout
- OWASP Cornucopia Project, @OWASPCornucopia,
Activities Looking for Volunteers
- WIki Curation - Anyone willing to fill in on leading this effort?
- Advice for Crest-approved Cyber Essentials Test Specification
- The .NET Project team is looking for folks willing to write up-to-date .NET guidance. See the Project Wishlist.
Pages that Need Attention
- HTTP Strict Transport Security - reported by community there is conflicting an outdated information. Needs attention - compare with wikipedia
- XSS Centralization - We've got multiple pages with XSS info. Need to condense and centralize
Editing Tips & Tricks
Wiki Clean Up Crew
- See recent changes here - recent changes
- See special pages for more advanced queries of the wiki
- Wiki has an api - owasp api
Announcements from the Foundation
- New mailing list open to anyone.
- Community Polls
- Community initiated to capture the pulse on an issue. Feedback mechanism to raise visibility on a topic
- Community Funding
- All community funding requests -for chapters, project, initiatives, or ANYTHING - now go through this page: https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Funding.
- If there is feedback or clarification needed on the process email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Full transparency of spending and availability of funds; https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Community_Engagement_-_Payments.
- This replaces (and expands upon) the previous OWASP on the move program.
- Speaker Agreement
- Recommendations for simplifying and clarifying as well as examples of what is acceptable and what is not.
- OWASP Portal is now live and community in beta
- We now are using the portal for all membership and event registrations (there are also public links (similar to guest checkout) to both so logging into the portal isn't required to purchase or attend. The portal is a central place to manage contact information, preferences such as chapter allocation, membership, event registration and coming soon donations.
- Questios? See https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Portal - Page is a work in progress, but it should outline where to go to log in as well as FAQs.
- "Community portal" also added an item in the left hand navigation menu on the wiki
- Any and all comments are appreciated - the community functionality is obviously in beta and we will need to decide whether to leave that feature "turned on".
- Graphic Design
- We have a graphic designer now to help with Foundation and community requests. Details about the costs and services are are here: https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Graphic_Design If chapters, projects, conferences have a need for anything design related, Hugo can help them and we will bill the according (chapter/project/conference budget). If community members have graphic design needs but no funds, they can submit a funding request (see above).
There are multiple ways to submit questions for the meeting. One option is to include your question here:
- Question - Your name