Chapter Leader Handbook (OLD)
Chapter Leader Handbook
This handbook aims to guide new and experienced chpater leaders in leading an active chapter community.
How to Generate Interest
- Hook up with local information security organizations, such as ISACA and ISSA.
- Set up and maintain an individual mailing list te send out targetted chapter invitations. These direct mails tend to generate more response than a mail to the local OWASP mailing list.
How much Meetings should be Organized yearly?
This depends on the activity level of the local OWASP members. There should be minimum 4 events per year.
Chapter Meering Check List
The following checklist should aid you in organizing individual chapter meetings:
- Set appropriate date and timing
- Speakers and topics
- Location and sponsor for the meeting
- Create invitation text on chapter page
- Add chapter meeting to news list on OWASP home page
- Send mail to Andrew to list in the next monthly mailing
- Send invitation to the local OWASP mailing list
- Send invitation 3 weeks prior to meeting to local contact list
- Send reminder 5 days prior to meeting to local contact list and the OWASP mailing list