The web application security tools can be divided mainly in two categories. One that protect applications against vulnerabilities and the others that detect vulnerabilities within web applications. Therefore we will be categorizing tools under these headings. The categories of tools currently being addressed by this project are:
Web Application Vulnerability Detection Tools
- Vulnerability Scanning Tools
- Penetration Testing Tools
- Source Code Analysis Tools
Web Application Protection Tools
- Web Application Firewalls (WAFs)
Types of Tools
- Tools from OWASP
- All Application Security Tools
- Category:Non-OWASP Open Tool
- Category:Commercial Tool
General Application Security Tool Resources
- The NIST SAMATE - Software Assurance Metrics And Tool Evaluation project has an ambitious goal of creating a large set of application security test data and then assessing the capabilities of a wide variety of application security tools.
- At the 3rd AppSec OWASP Conference, Arian Evans did a presentation on Software Security Quality: Testing Taxonomy & Testing Tools Classification that lists LOTS of the tools in the application security space from different categories, and some comparitive information on Web Application Security Scanning products.
This category currently contains no pages or media.