Product testing will be performed based on defined criteria that will measure the usability performance and positive validation on “red herring” web applications OWASP Site Generator this model common systems and unique systems in the wild.
Such tools are generally used to either help:
- Protect Applications
- Find Vulnerabilities in Applications
- Test Other Application Security Tools
The categories of tools currently addressed by this project are (or will be):
- Web Application Firewalls (WAFs)
- Application Vulnerability Scanning Tools
- Application Penetration Testing Tools
- Source Code Analysis Tools
- Test and Educational Applications
- Application Security Analysis Support Tools
Types of Tools
- Tools from OWASP
- All Application Security Tools
- Category:Non-OWASP Open Tool
- Category:Commercial Tool
General Application Security Tool Resources
- The NIST SAMATE - Software Assurance Metrics And Tool Evaluation project has an ambitious goal of creating a large set of application security test data and then assessing the capabilities of a wide variety of application security tools.
- At the 3rd AppSec OWASP Conference, Arian Evans did a presentation on Software Security Quality: Testing Taxonomy & Testing Tools Classification that lists LOTS of the tools in the application security space from different categories, and some comparitive information on Web Application Security Scanning products.
This category currently contains no pages or media.