Category:OWASP Yasca Project Roadmap
The Goal of Yasca
The primary goal of Yasca is to assist developers in performing a security-oriented code review. This is accomplished through the following main features:
- an extensible architecture that other products can be integrated into,
- a single view of all results, with details down to the line of code (where possible), and
- a growing set of "open source" rules that anyone can add to.
A secondary goal is to support both the open source and enterprise development communities by delivering a high-quality product that can be relied upon and extended to meet evolving needs.
The initial public release of Yasca was made available in October 2008. It offered integration with PMD, FindBugs, J-Lint, and antiC, as well as a limited set of custom rules and report generators.
This version was released on December 19, 2008, with the following changes:
- Update of all integrated components
- PMD to version 4.2.4
- FindBugs to version 1.3.6 (with FB-Contrib as well)
- PHP to version 5.2.8
- Addition of new custom rules
- Minor bug fixes
Version 1.2 was released on January 16, 2009, with the following enhancements:
- Ability to flag findings to be ignored in subsequent scans
- New plugins for PHP and C/C++
- Inclusion of Pixy, a scanner for PHP 4 source code
- Minor bug fixes
Version 2.0 released on 2009-05-07
Redesign separating Yasca-Core from plugin packages. Added ClamAV plugin Added RATS plugin Added new minor plugins and many new rulesets.
Version 2.01 released on 2009-05-18
Fixed a few bugs related to calling external plugins. Added a few minor plugins, including one that finds banned functions (via Microsoft SDL)
While no decisions have been finalized, some ideas for consideration include:
- Better error handling
- Automatic disabling of certain plugins based on the type of project (i.e. don't use PMD to scan C only projects)
- Integration of OunceOpen tools
- Integration of other OWASP projects (Open Review, Code Review, and Orizon)
La categoría no contiene ninguna página o archivo.