|Join hundreds of other Developers and InfoSec professionals for Training, Sessions and Community at our first conference of 2019|
[AppSec Tel Aviv, May 26-30th]
Category:OWASP Wapiti Project
OWASP Wapiti Project
Wapiti allows you to audit the security of your web applications. It performs "black-box" scans, i.e. it does not study the source code of the application but will scan the webpages of the deployed webapp, looking for scripts and forms where it can inject data. Wapiti acts like a fuzzer, injecting payloads to see if a script is vulnerable.
Web application vulnerability scanner / security auditor.
Wapiti allows to audit the security of web applications in an easy way. It performs a "black-box" scans acting like a fuzzer, injecting payloads to see if an application is vulnerable. It has two principal parts, a crawler that explores the pages of the application and the attack module that injects the payloads and evaluates their responses. Wapiti is easy to use and it can detect the most common vulnerabilities (XSS, SQL Injection, File Handler Errors...). It provides to the user a complete report (html format) with the found vulnerabilities.
OWASP Wapiti Project is free to use. It is licensed under the GNU Library or Lesser General Public License (LGPL).
News and Events
- What are the features?
- Fast and easy to use
- Generates vulnerability reports in various formats (HTML, XML, JSON, TXT...)
- Can suspend and resume a scan or an attack
- Can give you colors in the terminal to highlight vulnerabilities
- Different levels of verbosity
- Adding a payload can be as easy as adding a line to a text file
- Support HTTP and HTTPS proxies
- Authentication via several methods : Basic, Digest, Kerberos or NTLM
- Ability to restrain the scope of the scan (domain, folder, webpage)
- Safeguards against scan endless-loops (max number of values for a parameter)
- Can exclude some URLs of the scan and attacks (eg: logout URL)
- Extract URLs from Flash SWF files
- ... and more features described on the website !
As of July, the priorities are:
Involvement in the development and promotion of Wapiti is actively encouraged! You do not have to be a security expert in order to contribute. Some of the ways you can help:
| PROJECT INFO
What does this OWASP project offer you?
| RELEASE(S) INFO|
What releases are available for this project?
This category currently contains no pages or media.