Category:OWASP Tools Project
New open source and commercial web application security tools are released almost every day. These tools are used either to detect vulnerabilities within web applications or to protect web applications from exploitation of potential vulnerabilties that may be present in these applications. With so many tools at hand, it may sometimes be difficult to make a decision about the selection of a tool that best meets your requirements.
The OWASP Tools Project has been created to provide unbiased, practical information and guidance about application security tools that are used to detect vulnerabilities or to protect against vulnerabilities. The goal of this project is to identify any available tools, categorise them and evaluate them according to a predefind criteria to assess their efficiency and performance.
- Defining categories of tools
- Identification of tools within these categories
- Define evaluation criteria and the test procedure for identified tools
- Testing the tools against test applications to see how effectively these tools meet the evaluation criteria
- Provide rating to the tools based on their efficiency and performance
- As of August 2009, in its initial stage, we are in the process of gathering information on tools; and defining the evaluation ceiteria and the test procedure for identified tools.
- The planned deadline for identification of first set of tools and defining evaluation criteria and test procedure is 31 October 2009.
Feedback and Participation
We hope you find the OWASP Tools Project useful. Please contribute back to the project by sending your comments, questions, and suggestions to the mailing list here.
| PROJECT INFO
What does this OWASP project offer you?
| RELEASE(S) INFO|
What does this OWASP project release offer you?
This category has the following 7 subcategories, out of 7 total.