Category:OWASP Legal Project
How can the legal project help me?
The OWASP Legal Project's Secure Software Development Contract Annex (Contract Annex) helps software developers and their clients negotiate and capture important contractual terms and conditions related to the security of the software to be developed or delivered. Most contracts are silent on these issues, and the parties frequently have dramatically different views on what has actually been agreed to. Clearly articulating these terms is the best way to ensure that both parties can make informed decisions about how to proceed. There are currently versions in English.
There are many benefits to working through the OWASP Secure Software Development Contract Annex. The principal one is that it will make expectations clear between the parties involved. In some cases it will help to prevent lawsuits when difficult security problems surface in the software. Also, these are the same activities that are required by many legal and regulatory compliance reasons.
The goal of the Contract Annex is simply to ensure, at each stage of the life cycle, that appropriate attention has been paid to security. An additional benefit is that this documentation can be collected together to form a "certification package" that essentially lays out the argument for why this software should be trusted to do what it claims it does.
- OWASP Enterprise Security API (ESAPI) has been integrated into the OWASP Secure Software Development Contract Annex
- OWASP Application Security Verification Standard (ASVS) has been integrated into the OWASP Secure Software Development Contract Annex
| This project has produced a book that can be downloaded or purchased.|
Feel free to browse the full catalog of available OWASP books.
More About the Contract Annex
OWASP Contract Annex - Release (This is the current official release version)
OWASP Contract Annex - Release
- 03/20/2009 - OWASP Contract Annex updated to support the use of OWASP Enterprise Security API (ESAPI).
- 01/22/2009 - OWASP Contract Annex updated to support the use of OWASP ASVS.
- 01/01/2009 - OWASP Contract Annex language integrated into the SANS Application Security Procurement Language.
- 11/30/2006 - OWASP Contract Annex Release version published.
The OWASP Legal project is sponsored by:
Users and Adopters
Coming soon! Please let us know how your organization is using the OWASP Contract Annex. Include your name, organization's name, and brief description of how you use the annex. The project lead can be reached at Jeff Williams Thanks for supporting OWASP!
This project licensed under the Licensed under Creative Commons Attribution ShareAlike 3.0.
Articles Below - More About the Contract Annex and Using It
Pages in category "OWASP Legal Project"
The following 15 pages are in this category, out of 15 total.