Category:OWASP Joomla Vulnerability Scanner Project - Roadmap
About OWASP Joomla Vulnerability Scanner
Joomla! is probably the most widely-used CMS out there due to its flexibility, user-friendlinesss, extensibility to name a few. So, watching its vulnerabilities and adding such vulnerabilities as KB of Joomla! scanner takes ongoing activity.
It will help web developers and pentesters to help identify published known security weaknesses on their deployed Joomla! sites. No web security scanner is dedicated only one CMS.
To my experience, security testing on Joomla! web application requires pentester to look back the published vulnerabilities and if free, move on to generic testing. If we do only generic testing, we might miss a lot because it needs the knowledge of Joomla! application - its vulnerabilities in what version, what components are vulnerable in what version, what common security mistakes that web masters make ...etc.
OWASP Joomla Vulnerability Scanner RoadMap
- Write to files of "Request-Response" of found vulnerable things for quick reviews
- Add MD5 cracker for found md5 hashes
- Continuously watching published vulnerabilities of Joomla! and its components and adding them to vulnerability database of the scanner
- GUI for the ease of use and faster productivity
- Fixing bugs, adding features requested by users
- Eventually ceased after introducing CMS scanner
This category currently contains no pages or media.