Category:OWASP Interceptor Project
Welcome to the OWASP Interceptor Project for XML Processing. The Interceptor tool is designed to easily assist security testers in performing attacks against XML Web Services and AJAX interfaces. The utility allows testers to capture a sample XML request and then replay/fuzz requests against the Web Service.
A tester can also preload an automated attack database for each request into the tool, and Interceptor will fuzz and replay each attack against the service and provide results.
The Goal of this project was to develop a simple, quick and easy to use tool that could capture and save XML requests and then allow testers to easily replay the request with fuzzed data. Thus allowing the quick testing of the XML Web Service interfaces without the need to use TCP request processors or additional proxies to manipulate and replay handcrafted attack data.
- Please help with this project. We would like to be able to create a "GENERIC" XML attack list of common types of XML attacks that can be configured as a pre-loaded attack database in Interceptor. Contact the Project Team with any ideas.
Interceptor 0.9 BETA is currently available for download from  Finally i have moved house, and got the new server up and running. Apologies to all those whom wish to download. You can now download and we will be preparing new versions shortly. Interceptor ZIP includes all the binaries and associated Libraries to run on Windows. The utility requires the system to have an installed version of the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 installed.
Web Interceptor Functionality (Release 0.9 BETA)
· Capture XML Traffic (via PROXY Configuration)
· Capture XML Traffic (Interception) – In ALPHA Code in release.
· Save, Edit and Replay XML Requests to Web Services
· Configure HTTP Headers (Injection & Manipulation)
· Replay Attacks for Captured XML Data
· Create customized XML Attack Signatures and automate XML replay attacks
· BASE 64 Encoding/Decoding
· SHA Hash Generator
· MD5 Hash Generator
· Many more features to come…
OK, After a while of not much developer, interceptor is back into full swing. Thanks to some new team members with b-sec, we are now developing a release which can be treated as 1.0 and will run on all the latest versions of windows etc (including VISTA). If you have anything you want us to add or change let us know.
June-July 2007, Work on Version 1.0 is happening and the next release will come up within a month. This will fix the VISTA problems etc.
22nd November 2006 - Interceptor 0.9 BETA Released on OWASP Web Site.
This project is currently supported and run by Justin Derry of b-sec Consulting Pty Ltd. Email: jderry AT b-sec.com
This category currently contains no pages or media.