OWASP EnDe is...
Encoder, Decoder, Converter, Transformer, Calculator, for various codings used in the wild wide web. Collection of functions (herein called actions) for various codings, encodings, decodings and convertions. The aim is/was mainly driven by the requirements for HTTP/HTML-based functionality.
Abstract: EnDe is a collection of tools (built-in in the browser) for data encoding/decoding and conversion.
Just a short list of supported conversions:
where text means any valid Unicode data
OWASP EnDe is free to use. It is licensed under the GPL v2 license.
What is EnDe?
OWASP EnDe provides:
News and Events
EnDe is developed by a worldwide team of volunteers. The primary contributors to date have been:
As of July, the priorities are:
EnDe consist of two parts: the core library (API) and the browser interface (GUI). The issues are mapped to either of these categories.
OWASP EnDe Project - Encoder, Decoder, Converter, Transformer, Calculator
Collection of functions for various codings, encodings, decodings and convertions used in the wild wide web. The aim is/was mainly driven by the requirements for HTTP/HTML-based functionality. Copy&paste must be possible within a browser and functions should be called by just one click.
EnDe is currently (06/2012) stable according the offered functionality.
Pending or Planed Requirements / Improvements
- implementing more hashes like Adler-32, Ghost, Haval, Tiger, ...
- implementing more encryptions like CAST, DES, TrippleDES, GOST, Loki97, RC2, SaferPlus, Serpent, TwoFish
- implementing codings like UTF-EBCDIC
- building an object oriented API beside the existing procedural/functional API
- replace the hardcoded dispatcher with a generated one
- build stand-alone applicaion with XUL
- build Firefox add-on
Fixed / Completed
- 12/2012 EnDe.lib.zap for usage in ZAP
- 06/2012 setup at github.com
- 12/2011 implementing BlowFish encryption
- 7/2009 selecting license (GPL2, CC-2.5, or a mix?)
- 5/2009 generating some documentation
- 7/2008 implementing sha384, sha512 encryption
Involvement in the development and promotion of EnDe is actively encouraged! You do not have to be a security expert in order to contribute. Some of the ways you can help:
| PROJECT INFO
What does this OWASP project offer you?
| RELEASE(S) INFO|
What does this OWASP project release offer you?
Pages in category "OWASP EnDe"
This category contains only the following page.