Category:OWASP Education Project
Welcome to the OWASP Education Project
Web Application Security Education and Awareness is needed throughout the entire organization, each area and level of organizations have specific needs and requirements regarding education. A manager needs other information than a security professional or developer. Novices to the profession require other training than people with several years of experience.
This Education project aims to provide in building blocks of web application security information. These modules can be combined together in education tracks targeting different audiences.
The first list of modules can be found here.
Goals & Roadmap
Currently the project goals are to create Educational Tracks:
- A Web Application Security Primer Track for beginners (4 hours)
- What Developers Should Know on Web Application Security Track for developers (4 hours)
- Create a consolidation page of OWASP presentations performed in the past with the possibility to add comments
Further breakdown of tasks and future developments are listed in the road map.
The Education project was selected for Spoc007 participation.
The SpoC007 goal is to finish Sub Goals 1, 2, 3 and 4 of the road map. Spoc007 progress:
- Sub Goal 1: Create overview of OWASP presentations (70%)
- Sub Goal 2: Design agenda 2 Tracks (30%)
- Sub Goal 3: Create Modules (0%)
- Sub Goal 4: Track try-outs (0%)
Project Guiding Principles
This project aims to provide in building blocks of web application security knowledge that can easily be integrated in awareness sessions or presentations on this topic. The building blocks provided by this project can then be bundled together in eduction tracks.
An important guideline is therefore that the material produced is modular.
This project is not standalone. There is an awfull lot of information that can be found throughout this site and from other resources on the Internet.
This project will draw pieces of information from:
- The Video's
- The presentations, currently being inventorized in the consolidation page of OWASP presentations¨
One of the modules to create will be a Resources module, not limited to OWASP.
Feedback and Participation:
We hope you find the OWASP Education Project useful. Please contribute to the Project by volunteering for one of the Tasks, sending your comments, questions, and suggestions to the mailing list.
If you contribute to this Project, please add your name here.
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► OWASP Boot Camp Project (empty)
Pages in category "OWASP Education Project"
The following 10 pages are in this category, out of 10 total.
Media in category "OWASP Education Project"
This category contains only the following file.
- Setting up a Secure De...