Category:OWASP Cloud ‐ 10 Project
Cloud Top 10 Security Risks
According to Gartner, by 2012, 20% of businesses will adopt cloud services and own no IT assets. Goal of the project is to maintain a list of top 10 security risks faced with the Cloud* Computing and SaaS Models. List will be maintained by input from community, security experts and security incidences at cloud/SaaS providers.
- Most of the risks are based on the assumption that Cloud is a public or a hybrid cloud
Audience for the project will be organizations planning on leveraging external cloud environment to host their applications or rent application in a SaaS model (Software as a Service). Aim of the "OWASP Cloud-10" list is to help balance security risks with the cost advantage that the Cloud and SaaS model provides. We expect the Cloud and SaaS providers to be indirect audience for "OWASP Cloud-10", when they try to showcase their security controls to potential customers against this list.
Also refer the recent presentation - http://www.owasp.org/images/4/47/Cloud-Top10-Security-Risks.pdf
Managing OWASP Cloud-10 List (Pre-Alpha)
“OWASP Cloud-10” list will be maintained by input from, community, security experts and security incidences at cloud/SaaS providers.
Each of the identified risk in "OWASP Cloud-10" will provide details on:
- Various Risk Scenarios
- Real World Examples
- Possible Mitigations and Security Controls
- Reference to any related Incident
- Easily Executable
- Most Damaging
- Incidence Frequency (Known)
- Identify and publish a first draft of potential "OWASP Cloud-10" candidates (Dec 2009)
- Ask contributors to collect more data and details on each of the risk item. (till Jan 2010)
- Get initial community feedback by discussing it in various blogs, discussion forums etc. (Jan-Feb 2010)
- Writeup to be finished by April 5th (All)
- Provide feedback by April 19th
- Incorporate all the comments feedback by 26th April
- Publish the first (beta) list of "OWASP Cloud-10" (April 3rd 2010)
- Identify additional candidates
- ……. (repeat steps as in Alpha)
- Cloud Security Alliance - http://www.cloudsecurityalliance.org/
- IDC Aug 2008 Survey (Security #1) Challenge for Cloud/On-Demand Models - http://blogs.idc.com/ie/?p=210
Related OWASP Projects
- OWASP Top Ten Project
- OWASP Legal Project
| PROJECT INFO
What does this OWASP project offer you?
| RELEASE(S) INFO|
What releases are available for this project?
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "OWASP Cloud ‐ 10 Project"
The following 14 pages are in this category, out of 14 total.
- Cloud - Top 5 Risks with PAAS
- Cloud Top 5 Risks with IAAS
- Cloud-10 Accountability and Data Ownership
- Cloud-10 Incidence Analysis and Forensic Support
- Cloud-10 Infrastructure Security
- Cloud-10 Multi Tenancy and Physical Security
- Cloud-10 Regulatory Compliance
- Cloud-10 Risks with Cloud IT Foundation Tier
- Cloud-10 Risks with SaaS
- Cloud-10 Service and Data Integration
- Cloud-10 User Identity Federation
- Cloud-10 User Privacy and Secondary Usage of Data