The OWASP Chapters program helps to foster local discussion of application security around the world. Our Local Chapters are free and open to anyone and managed by a set of guidelines known as the OWASP Chapter Handbook. Many of the popular OWASP presentations are available for everyone to use at meetings.
Join Your Local Chapter
Attending meetings anywhere in the world is FREE and OPEN to anyone, membership is NOT required to do so. We suggest that you locate your "home chapter" and simply sign up on the appropriate mailing list, watch for the next local meeting stop by to introduce yourself ask questions and collaborate.
Or consider the value of Individual, Corporate, or Academic Supporter membership. Ready to become a member?
Chapters by Geographic Region
Subcategories are listed alphabetically by state, province, or country as applicable. Inactive chapters are marked with (i) and are seeking new leaders. If you would like to restart an inactive chapter, please use the OWASP Chapter Request Form. CLICK TO EXPAND REGION
| Chapters marked with an (i) are inactive and seeking new leadership. To request to start a new chapter or restart an existing one, visit the Chapter Request Form.
We just finished our first OWASP AppSec Africa 2017 in Casablanca/Morocco .
Thanks to Mohammed EL FATEH (Egypt) who made with Azzeddine RAMRAMI (Morocco) this event a great success.
If you would like to help, please feel free to add your name to the AppSec Africa Planning Committee page. Inactive chapters are marked with (I) and are seeking leaders. To request to restart a chapter, visit the Chapter Request Form.
OWASP Student Chapters Program
The Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP) has local chapters around the world that help teach, learn, and inspire application security. Our Student Chapters program helps to extend application security into colleges and universities worldwide. OWASP Student Chapters Program is a way to integrate passionate AppSec students. We want to create students chapters in order to organise events, meetings and have fun! If your school has a computer science or management information systems degree, we can help you Start a Student Chapter there.
View the OWASP Student Chapters Program information and a list of participating student groups.
Start a Chapter
You don't need to be an expert in application security, just motivated to help build the OWASP community and organize meetings. There's a lot of help available from other Local Chapter leaders. So get your community moving to help the mission of software security awareness and start a local OWASP Chapter today!
A request to start or restart a chapter should be submitted by the founding member or group to the OWASP Chapter Request Form and should include:
- List of the people that are founding the chapter and the geographical area to be covered by the new chapter,
- Brief description of professional background or resume (from each of the founding leaders),
- Statement of why he or she wants to be an OWASP Leader (from each of the founding leaders).
- Each founding leader(s) (as well as any leaders joining the chapter after its creation) must read, understand, and agree to the terms of the Chapter Leader Handbook.
Generally speaking, the Chapter Leader Handbook asks that you: * Will commit to organizing at least quarterly meetings * Will find a stable location for meetings * Will find great speakers * Will publicize the chapter and recruit new members * Will keep the chapter non-commercial
What is the process once I submit my request to start a chapter?
Once submitted, the request will be reviewed and approved by the OWASP Staff. Once the new chapter is approved
1. A chapter wiki page and mailing list will be set up for the new leader(s).
2. The chapter leader(s) will be given an owasp email account and password to operate as the administrator of the new chapter mailing list.
Update Chapter Leader
You may also use the OWASP Chapter Request Form to modify or add new chapter leaders. The chapter wiki page and OWASP Foundation records must be updated for leaders to access benefits. This form ensures that our internal records will be up to date.
Bring Speakers to Your Chapter
To support Local Chapter meetings and (web application) security conferences we started a travel-support program for OWASP presenters. If you are interested in attracting an OWASP speaker to your event, have a look at OWASP on the Move!
Chapter Support Materials
- The OWASP Chapter Leader Handbook includes mandatory rules and guidelines.
- An Accounting Balance summary of all chapters -
- Donation Scoreboard --- This is Listing of Available Budget by Chapter.
- Chapter Transactions - US (Amounts shown in USD).
- Chapter Transactions - EU (Amounts shown in Euros).
- OWASP Chapter Presentation Bundles.
- OWASP News Item Template.
- OWASP Chapters Mailing list for all OWASP Chapter Leaders https://lists.owasp.org/mailman/listinfo/owasp-chapters
Marketing and Promotion
- OWASP Chapter promotion Tips.
- For OWASP Branded Chapter Supplies please fill out this Google Form for requesting general OWASP promotional materials. Also, View Apparel available through our 3rd party vendor.
- OWASP Marketing Resources, Logos and Brand Guidelines.
For more detail visit the OWASP Chapter Resources Page.