The OWASP Chapters program helps to foster local discussion of application security around the world. Our Local Chapters are free and open to anyone. Sales activities are strictly prohibited, although vendors who can provide useful application security information are welcome. Generally, Local Chapters meet between monthly and quarterly, and have presentations and discussion of key application security topics. Many of the OWASP presentations are available for everyone to use.
Joining a Chapter
To join a Local Chapter, simply sign up on the appropriate mailing list and introduce yourself. You can find out about the next meeting by checking the OWASP Portal page for your Local Chapter, or by watching the OWASP Community events on the OWASP Main Page. All of the mailing lists can be found here.
Starting a Chapter
If you would like to start a Local Chapter, please send an email to email@example.com and confirm that you:
- Have read and agree to the Chapter Rules
- Will commit to organizing at least quarterly meetings
- Will find a stable location for meetings
- Will find great speakers
- Will publicize the chapter and recruit new members
- Will keep the chapter non-commercial
You don't need to be an expert in application security, just motivated to organize meetings. There's a lot of help available from other Local Chapter leaders. So get your community moving and start a local OWASP Chapter!
Move those Presenters!
To support Local Chapter meetings and (web application) security conferences we started a travel-support program for OWASP presenters. If you are interested in attracting an OWASP speaker to your event, have a look at OWASP on the Move!
Chapter Support Materials
- For OWASP Chapter rules and regulations, click here.
- For OWASP Chapter resources, click here.
- For OWASP Chapter presentations, click here.
- For the OWASP news item template, click here.
- For the OWASP Chapter Leader Handbook, click here.
- For OWASP Chapter promotion tips click here.
This category has the following 14 subcategories, out of 14 total.
- ► Caribbean (3 P)
- ► Europe (14 C, 89 P)
- ► Kenya (empty)
- ► Middle East (4 C, 7 P)
- ► North America (3 C, 4 P)
- ► Virtual (1 P)
Pages in category "OWASP Chapter"
The following 200 pages are in this category, out of 425 total.(previous page) (next page)
- Bay Area
- Belo Horizonte
- Birmingham Alabama
- Bowling Green
- Burkina Faso
- Busan Student Chapter
- Cagayan Valley
- Canary Islands
- Cape Town
- Central Arkansas
- Template:Chapter Template
- Template:Chapter Template Tabs
- Chicago Suburbs
- Colorado Springs
- Coronel Oviedo
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic