Difference between revisions of "Category:OWASP CLASP Project"
|Line 27:||Line 27:|
== Downloads ==
== Downloads ==
Revision as of 19:15, 25 May 2006
Welcome to the CLASP Project
CLASP (Comprehensive, Lightweight Application Security Process) provides a well-organized and structured approach for moving security concerns into the early stages of the software development lifecycle, whenever possible.
CLASP is actually a set of process pieces that can be integrated into any software development process. It is designed to be both easy to adopt and effective. It takes a prescriptive approach, documenting activities that organizations should be doing. And, it provides an extensive wealth of security resources that make implementing those activities reasonable.
The goals of the OWASP CLASP Project are to make these materials widely available as well as provide a forum for the community to contribute materials back to CLASP for the benefit of everyone. If you use CLASP now, have questions, or just have something else you'd like to share, give us a shout on the mailing list and let us know!
CLASP provides detailed information of the following types:
- Introductory materials to help get started with CLASP
- Seven key Best Practices that define CLASP
- Summaries of the high-level Security Services that serve as a foundation
- Some core Security Principles for software development
- Abstract Roles that are typically involved in software development
- A collection of Activities to augment the development process to build more secure software
- Advice on Process Engineering and Roadmaps
- The lexicon of Vulnerabilities that occur in source code
- Checklisted Coding Guidelines to help developers and auditors when reviewing code
- A Glossary of terms and phrases common to application security
07:34, 25 May 2006 (EDT) - Added more materials to Wiki from CLASP. Enough should be up now to qualify as 'critical mass'. Thanks to Jeff, Jeremy, and others for the awesome work of getting the materials up on this site. (Pravir Chandra)
Most of the information from CLASP has been posted on this wiki, but the original MS Word version of the CLASP book is still available for download here. It is separated into 7 chapters:
- Chapter 1 - Concepts View
- Chapter 2 - Role-Based View
- Chapter 3 - Activity-Assessment View
- Chapter 4 - Activity-Implementation View
- Chapter 5 - Vulnerabilities View
- Chapter 6 - Vulnerability Use-Cases
- Chapter 7 - CLASP Resources
Everyone has something to contribute. Be it reading materials and fixing typos to contributing new sections of prose, we gladly welcome all help that's volunteered. For the ongoing list of items in flight, please look at the OWASP CLASP Project Roadmap list. Also, if you're unsure of how to help or want some guidance, please check out the CLASP Project's mailing list.
Please go to https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/owasp-clasp to subscribe to the list. You can post to the CLASP mailing list by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
This category has the following 20 subcategories, out of 20 total.
Pages in category "OWASP CLASP Project"
The following 121 pages are in this category, out of 121 total.