Category:OWASP CBT Project
- Project Goals
- Project Downloads
- Step by step instruction creating a CBT
- Participants List
- First release of OWASP CBT project
OWASP CBT project plans to provide computer-based training for all major OWASP Projects, which is easy to use. This project plans to include careful consideration of content and target audience needs. The design of each online course will start with the definition of learner-focused performance objectives and then proceed to the selection and implementation of instructional strategies and learning activities appropriate for those objectives. Frequent practice questions or exercises, along with assessments, will measure learners’ achievement of those objectives. The self-paced environment and unlimited access to instruction and assessment will provide all learners with the opportunity to reach their desired level of mastery within each online course.
The goal of this project is to provide computer based training on OWASP security related initiatives. This project is intended to provide increased access of security training material, convenience and flexibility to learners. It will be self-paced and the learning sessions will be available 24x7. Learners will not be bound to a specific day/time to physically attend classes. They can also pause learning sessions at their convenience.
The goal of this project is to provide targeted training for application security. PCI training track is an example of this kind of initiative.
- PCI Training Presentations Track
- Application Security Overview - Security For Managers And Executives Rev 1-0.ppt
- PCI DSS And PA-DSS Version 2 Training - PCI DSS And PA-DSS Version 2 Training Rev 1-2.ppt
- OWASP Top 10 2010 Training - OWASP Top 10 2010 Training Rev 1-0.ppt
- CWE/SANS Top 25 Training - CWE-SANS Top 25 Training Rev 1-1.ppt
- CERT Secure Coding Training - CERT Secure Coding Training Rev 1-0.ppt
- Security Scanning Training - Security Scanning Training Rev 1-0.ppt
- Web Basic Concepts Training - Web Basic Concepts Training Rev 1-0.ppt
- Other Power Point Presentations
- Infrastructure Hardening - Download Infrastructure Hardening.pptx
Steps for creating the CBT:
- Create the power point template with content.
- Export the power point presentation as .jpg or .png.
- Write the script that will go with the power point.
- Record the voice over using Apple GarageBand.
- Export the sound as .mp3.
- Camtasia studio also lets us record any demostration.
- Include any demonsatrion you have recorded along with sound, power point screen shots etc and assemble it in Camtasia Studio.
- Add highlights and help text in Camtasia Studio.
- Then export the video. Exported folder will have a main .html files and few supporting files.
- Launch the html to run the video.
- You need to have Adobe Flash player to run the videos(CBT's).
- Who is the project lead for OWASP CBT project?
Nishi Kumar is the project lead for OWASP CBT project.
- How will I contribute to this project?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your contribution to this project will be highly appreciated.
- Which tool will be used to create the training material for the first release?
First release of OWASP CBT project is scheduled for March 31st 2011
| PROJECT INFO|
What does this OWASP project offer you?
This category currently contains no pages or media.