For information in Hebrew refer to the OWASP Israel Hebrew page.
OWASP Foundation (Overview Slides) is a professional association of global members and is and open to anyone interested in learning more about software security. Local chapters are run independently and guided by the Chapter_Leader_Handbook. As a 501(c)(3) non-profit professional association your support and sponsorship of any meeting venue and/or refreshments is tax-deductible. Financial contributions should only be made online using the authorized online chapter donation button. To be a SPEAKER at ANY OWASP Chapter in the world simply review the speaker agreement and then contact the local chapter leader with details of what OWASP PROJECT, independent research or related software security topic you would like to present on.
Or consider the value of Individual, Corporate, or Academic Supporter membership. Ready to become a member?
OWASP Israel 2010
The next OWASP Israel meeting is planned for Tuesday, Jan 12th, 2010, at 17:00.
We will publish agenda and location once they are finalized.
The last OWASP Israel meeting was held in IBM/Watchfire in Herzliya in Dec 2009.
Agenda and presentations of OWASP Israel Dec-2009
OWASP Israel 2010 Road map
As the economic atmosphere becomes unstable, the hacking economics flourish, which makes open source initiatives such as OWASP virtually the only option we have to try to win this battle. OWASP Israel goals for 2010 are:
- Monthly Meetings. Meetings will be held on 2nd Tuesday of each month (We are looking for sponsors to host these meetings and presenters to speak in them)
- Translating the OWASP top 10 to Hebrew.
- Spreading the Word - Reaching out for more people, especially outside of the AppSec community.
- The OWASP Israel conference 2010 around September. This year we plan on adding training sessions as well.
If you have anything else on your mind, please speak up!
OWASP Top 10 in Hebrew (On Hold)
1st chapter, XSS is available for review. The information is available off site due to Hebrew support issues.
We are holding off with the rest of the chapters. Once OWASP Top 10 2010 will be released we are expected to continue (rapidly) the translation. If you wish to help translating, please contact Or Katz or Ofer Maor.
Previous OWASP Israel Conferences and Meetings
- OWASP Israel 2009 conference was held at the Interdisciplinary Center Herzliya on Sunday, September 6th 2009.
- You can find the agenda and uploaded presentations here.
- OWASP Israel May 2009 meeting was held at IBM in Park Azorim in Petach-Tikva on May 7th. The presentations were
- Web-Based Man-in-the-Middle Attack, Adi Sharabani, IBM (more info)
- Automation Attacks and Counter Measures, Ofer Shezaf, Xiom (presentation)
- OWASP Israel March 2009 meeting was held at the Tel-Aviv University on March 26th, with approximately 60 attendees. The presentations were
- Securing cellular web applications, Mikko Saario, Founder, OWASP Finland, Security Architect, Large Telecom Solution Provider (download)
- Real world implementation of a PCI DSS compliance key management, Yaron Hakon, 2bsecure (download)
- Detecting RFI attacks, Or Katz, Breach Security (download)
- WAFEC 2.0 - Do WAFs deliver?, Ofer Shezaf, Xiom (download)
- OWASP Israel January 2009 meeting was held at Checkpoint on January 28th, with over a 100 people attending. The presentations were
- Improving Web Application Firewall testing for better deployment in production network, Gregory Fresnais from BreakingPoint, visiting us from France (download)
- Web 2.0 Hacking, Nimrod Luria, Qrity (download)
- Wiki Security, Ofer Shezaf, Xiom (download)
- The OWASP Israel 2008 conference at the Interdisciplinary Center Herzliya (IDC) was held on September 14th with 250 attendees.
- OWASP Israel at the IDC Security Road Show
- OWASP sponsored the IDC Security Road Show event in Israel on June 3rd 2008. Thanks for Iris Lev-Ari and Tomer Teller for the help in the OWASP booth.
- OWASP Israel 2007 conference at the Interdisciplinary Center Herzliya (IDC)
- the 1st official OWASP conference in Israel, was held on Dec 3rd 2007 at the Interdisciplinary Center (IDC) Herzliya. The conference really set itself as an event you must come to if you have anything to do with application security. [ pictures from the conference
- 8th OWASP IL chapter meeting
- The meeting was held at Watchfire on Septemner 5th 2007. Watchfire also sponsored the meeting. The meeting was part of OWASP week, a Worldwide OWASP one week of conferences on privacy in the 21st Century which is in turn OWASP contribution to the Global Security Week.
- 2nd OWASP IL mini conference at the Interdisciplinary Center (IDC) Herzliya, May 21th 2007
- pictures from the conference ]
- 6th OWASP IL chapter meeting
- The meeting was held at Breach Security on January 24th 2007 and was sponsored by Breach Security. Nearly 50 people attended the meeting.
- OWASP IL mini conference at the Interdisciplinary Center (IDC) Herzliya, November 13th 2006
- OWASP IL and the Interdisciplinary Center Herzliya (IDC) held a half day conference on application security on Nov 13th 2006. The event marked the establishment of a new academic program on information security in the net era at IDC's Efi Arazi School of Computer Science. More than 90! people attended the conference, enjoyed professional catering and heard no less than 7 presentations. The meeting was sponsored by Breach Security and Applicure.
The meeting was help at Breach Security on July 26th 2005 and was sponsored by Breach Security.
This category has only the following subcategory.
- [+] AppSec Israel 2014 (1 C, 2 P)
Pages in category "Israel"
The following 31 pages are in this category, out of 31 total.