BeNeLux OWASP Day 2012
Welcome to OWASP BeNeLux 2012
Confirmed trainers for Trainingday
- Dan Cornell (Denim group) - SDLC with open source tools
- Dinis Cruz (Security Innovation) - Advanced O2
- Volkert de Buisonjé (Sogeti) Secure Java Development with ESAPI (Hands-On )
Confirmed speakers Conferenceday
- Dinis Cruz (Security Innovation) - Making Security Invisible by Becoming the Developer’s Best Friends
- Rüdiger Bachmann and Achim D. Brucker (SAP) - Code review large companies
- Herbert Bos and Asia Slowinska (VU Amsterdam) - Body Armor for Binaries
- Marc Hullegie and Kees Mastwijk (Vest) - Forensics
- Dan Cornell (Denim group) - Streamlining Application Vulnerability Management: Communication Between Development and Security Teams
- John Wilander (OWASP Sweden) - Browser security
- Seba Deleersnyder (OWASP) - Update on OWASP
The OWASP BeNeLux Program Committee
- Bart De Win / Sebastien Deleersnyder/ Lieven Desmet/ David Mathy, OWASP Belgium
- Martin Knobloch / Ferdinand Vroom, OWASP Netherlands
- Jocelyn Aubert / Andre Adelsbach, OWASP Luxembourg
- Steven van der Baan, OWASP CTF Project
Event tag is #owaspbnl12
OWASP BeNeLux training day and conference are free!
To support the OWASP organisation, consider to become a member, it's only US$50!
Check out the Membership page to find out more.
Registration is open:
Venue is the Department of Computer Science @ KU Leuven
There is a public parking close to the conference venue.
Trainingday, November 29th
The training room is: Paul Feidert (for details, check the Venue tab)
Registration starts at xxhxx
Training will start at xxhxx and we plan to stop at xxhxx.
OWASP Training: Title of training here, by Trainername here
Abstract: Abstract here
This course includes coverage of the following areas:
- TOC here
Hands on Exercises
Targeted audience here
Level: Select lever here (Beginner/ Intermediate/ Advanced)
Prerequisite: Enter prerequisites here
e.g. Bring your laptop...
Enter trainerbio here
The social event is scheduled for Thursday, 29th of November, 19:00 at
Remark: Costs are around eur. 10,00.
Do you like puzzles? Do you like challenges? Are you a hacker?
Whether you are an old hacker or new enthusiast you should come to OWASP BeNeLux days 2012 and participate in the Capture the Flag event November 30th 2012 in Leuven (place TBD).
The OWASP CTF is especially designed to support challengers of all skill levels. The CTF contains multiple challenges in various fields related to application security. As every challenge gains you one point, you can pick and choose which challenge you want to play.
All you need is a laptop with a wifi card and your favorite (preferably) non-commercial tools.
So come to Leuven, show off your skills, learn new tricks and above all have a good time at the CTF event.
Slides will be available online
The BeNeLux Day 2012 Program Committee:
- Martin Knobloch / Ferdinand Vroom (OWASP Netherlands)
- Bart De Win / Sebastien Deleersnyder (OWASP Belgium)
- Jocelyn Aubert / Andre Adelsbach (OWASP Luxembourg)
- Steven van der Baan (Capture The Flag)
- Thomas Engel
- Radu State
- Magali Martin
- Aurel Machalek
Contact seba <at> owasp.org for sponsorship
Feel free to use the text below to promote our event!
We invite you to our next OWASP event: the BeNeLux OWASP Days 2012!
Free your agenda on the 29th and 30th of November, 2012.
The good news: free! No fee!
The bad news: there are only 160 seats available (first register, first serve)!
PROGRAM Day 1
- 10:00 AM - 18:00 PM: OWASP Training Day
- 19:00 PM - ?: Social event
PROGRAM Day 2
- 10:00 AM - 18:00 PM: OWASP Conference
OWASP's all-volunteer participants produce free, professional quality, open-source documentation, tools, and standards on application security. An example of this is the famous OWASP top ten of most critical web application security flaws. The OWASP community facilitates conferences, local chapters, articles, and message forums. Participation in OWASP is free and open to all, as are all the materials we produce.
WHO should attend?
Anyone interested in Web Application Security (management, security professionals, developers, students, etc). OWASP Belgium, Netherlands and Luxembourg chapters membership is free. All meetings are free. There are never vendor pitches or sales presentations at OWASP meetings.
Check our chapter page http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Belgium on meeting details, sign up to the chapter mailing list and introduce yourself.
Check our chapter page http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Netherlands on meeting details, sign up to the chapter mailing list and introduce yourself.
Check our chapter page http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Luxembourg on meeting details, sign up to the chapter mailing list and introduce yourself.
Thursday and Friday, 29th and 30th of November, 2012 (10 AM - 7 PM)
University of Leuven
Department of Computer Science, KU Leuven
Attention: make sure to book your hotel in time, it will be difficult to find rooms in Leuven around Nov 29-30!
Hotel details https://www.owasp.org/index.php?title=BeNeLux_OWASP_Day_2012#tab=Venue
Hosted and co-organized by:
Made possible by our sponsors:
List is being updated... Stay tuned!