BeNeLux OWASP Day 2009
BeNeLux OWASP Day 2009
The largest BeNeLux OWASP event on record has come to an end.
We had a great day (December 2nd 2009), stuffed with presentations and the OWASP Live CD / WebGoat workshop.
All the presentations are available for download in the Agenda tab.
Photo of the workshop action (thank you Martijn Duijm), lot's of laptops glowing up!
See you next year!
The speakers were:
- Prof. Dr. Ir. Bart Preneel, Professor at Computer Security and Industrial Cryptography research group, University of Leuven
- Colin Watson, Technical Director and principal consultant at Watson Hall and Global Industry Committee Member at OWASP Foundation
- Eoin Keary, Attack and Penetration team senior manager for EMEIA at Ernst & Young and OWASP Code Review Guide Author and Lead
- Sebastien Deleersnyder, Lead Application Security at Telindus, Belgacom ICT and OWASP Foundation Board Member
- Bart De Win, Principal Consultant at Ascure and OWASP Belgium Board Member
- Martin Knobloch, Software Architect at Sogeti Nederland, Global Education Committee Member at OWASP Foundation and Netherlands Board Member
- Florence Mottay, Managing Principal Citigal
- Migchiel de Jong, Software Security Engineer at Fortify
- Noa Bar-Yosef, senior security researcher with the Imperva Application Defense Center
- Erwin Geirnaert, Partner & Co-founder at ZION SECURITY and OWASP Belgium Board Member
- Sandro Gauci, Chief Consultant and Founder of EnableSecurity
|College De Valck - December 2, 2009|
|12:00 - 12:30||Registration|
|12:30 - 15:30|| OWASP Live CD - WebGoat workshop
Erwin Geirnaert & Martin Knobloch
|15:30 - 16:00||Break and Welcome|
|16:00 - 16:35|| Hybrid Analysis 2.0 - A demonstration of precision results correlation for improved software security testing (PPT|PDF)
Migchiel de Jong
|16:35 - 17:10|| Secure development (for a secure planet). (PPT|PDF)
|17:10 - 17:45|| SDLC pannel (PPT|PDF)
Migchiel de Jong (Fortify), Bart De Win (Ascure), Florence Mottay (Cigital), moderator: Sebastien Deleersnyder (OWASP Foundation)
|17:45 - 18:25|| Dinner (Sandwiches)|
|18:25 - 19:00|| SHA-3 Competition: The Quest for Long-Term Security in Cryptographic Hashing (PDF)
|19:00 - 19:35|| WAF and Business Logic Attacks (PPT|PDF)
|19:35 - 20:10|| Compliance driven vulnerabilities (PDF)
|20:10 - 20:40||Break|
|20:40 - 21:15|| The OWASP Top 10 is dead, long live the OWASP Top 10 ! (PPT|PDF)
|21:15 - 21:50|| Web Application Firewalls: Detection, Bypassing and Exploitation (PDF)
Participation is free.
Hint: membership is only $50! Check out the Membership page to find out more.
Registration is closed.
The symposium will be held in the city of Leuven.
The city is located about 30 km from Brussels Airport (BRU).
From the airport, there are direct trains to Leuven.
Holiday Inn (right accross the venue)
Single room: 110 EUR/night
The BeNeLux Day 2009 Program Committee:
- Bart De Win / Sebastien Deleersnyder (OWASP Belgium)
- Ferdinand Vroom / Martin Knobloch (OWASP Netherlands)
- Jocelyn Aubert (OWASP Luxembourg)
Contact seba <at> owasp.org for sponsorship
For you who can not get enough of Leuven, a gathering is suggested after the conference in the Pub "Ron Blacks".
Location (5 min walk from the venue):
Mgr. Ladeuzeplein, 31