August 8, 2011/Project Manager Report
- 1 OWASP Project Manager Report
OWASP Project Manager Report
Work accomplished since June 6, 2011
OWASP Free Trainning Courses
- Altogether with Kate Hartmann, I have assisted Fabio Cerullo with the setting up of the LatamTour2011.
New Projects Set Up
- OWASP GoatDroid Project, led by Jack Mannino
- OWASP WhatTheFuzz Project, led by Joe Basirico
- OWASP ESAPI C++ Project, Project leader not yet defined
- OWASP ESAPI C Project, led by David Anderson
- OWASP Security Tools for Developers Project, led by Mark Curphey
- OWASP Data Exchange Format Project, led by Psiinon and Dinis Cruz
- OWASP Cheat Sheets Project, led by Sherif Koussa and Jim Mannico
- OWASP SIMBA Project, led by Koen Vanderloock
- OWASP VFW Project, led by Eduardo S. Scarpellini
Projects Reset Up
- OWASP WebScarab Project, led by Rogan Dawes
New Releases Set Up
- OWASP Mantra - Security Framework – Release Mantra Security Toolkit – 0.61 (only the assessment templates), led by Abhi M BalaKrishnan
- OWASP ESAPI Objective - C Project – Release v0.0.1, led by Deepak Subramanian
- OWASP ModSecurity Core Rule Set Project - Release - ModSecurity 2.2.0, (only the assessment templates), led by Ryan Barnett
- OWASP Esapi Ruby, Release 0.30.0, led by Paolo Perego
- OPA Project, Release Build 218, led by Henri Binsztok and Adam Koprowski
- OWASP iGoat Project, Release iGoat v1.0, led by Kenneth R. van Wyk
- OWASP Zed Attack Proxy Project – Release ZAP 1.3.0, led by Psiinon
Projects Mailing List
- Jason Li populated the owasp-projects mailing list with all known projects leaders so the Projects Committee could easily send announcements regarding OWASP projects news. I have supported this activity by gathering all email addresses and filling in projects inventory spreadsheet. By GPC decision, the list is email@example.com and it is announce-only by the GPC committee members (similar to how OWASP-all is announce-only by Board/staff members) and should be reserved for project announcements only.
- I've prepared GPC's data for the next issue of the OWASP Newsletter.
- My daily routine always includes answering a relatively wide range of questions regularly posed by OWASP members and mainly by OWASP Projects leaders; I receive such inquiries either directly or through the OWASP Website Global Feedback & Inquiry Form. The variety of matters that I currently deal with can be checked in my email tool and the tree of folders built to store, follow up and organize them as follows 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9. I would like to note that to perform this task, and all the others projects' related ones, I have always had relevant support and guidance from the OWASP Global Projects Committee.
- I've kept all OWASP Projects Dashboard 2.0's databases up-to-date as follows:
Proposal of future activity
- To continue answering all received projects' related questions.
- To continue setting up new projects and new releases as requested.
- To continue spreading the GPC templates through all OWASP projects.
- To implement all GPC requests and concretely to support its plans to:
- Carry out the Project Hosting initiative as a tool to provide a centralized repository for OWASP;
- Build a new OWASP Projects Portal;
- Design the second leg of the assessment criteria 2.0, i.e., its Project Health component.
- As soon as the above referred assessment's second leg is designed and approved, to begin a process to evaluate as much Projects as possible.
- To set up all the OWASP free training courses that may be requested by OWASP Chapters.
- To work with Dinis Cruz, Carlos Serrão and Konstantinos Papapanagiotou to produce an initial/draft proposal of an OWASP Training Academy.