Difference between revisions of "AppSec ASIA 2016"
(→Travel and Accommodation)
|Line 124:||Line 124:|
= Networking Events =
= Networking Events =
= Chapter Leader Workshop =
= Chapter Leader Workshop =
Revision as of 01:52, 22 February 2016
- Speaker Bios
- Registration and Fees
- Travel and Accommodation
- Networking Events
- Chapter Leader Workshop
APPSEC ASIA 2016
Call for Paper
OWASP AppSec ASIA 2016 will bring together application security experts and software engineers from all over the world on May 21, 2016. Industry and academia meet to discuss open problems and new solutions in web & mobile security. For this event, we will invite application security researchers, thought leaders and developers worldwide to submit papers for presentations looking for “the next”, cutting edge research in the context of web applications, secure development, security management and privacy. Don't miss the opportunity to share and discuss your ideas and knowledge with other experts and practitioners.
The topics of interest, but not limited:
- Web Security
- Mobile Security
- Cloud Security, specifically secure Cloud Apps
- Infrastructure security
- Secure development
- Application Security Testing
- Privacy protection in web based apps
- Emerging web technologies and associated security considerations
- Security Trainings, Certificates and CTP
Papers should describe new ideas, new implementations, or experiences related to web & mobile security. We are glad to have some leading-edge topics and ideas as well as in-depth discussion in the conference. The conference planning team will review your submission based on a descriptive abstract of your intended presentation. Feel free to attach a preliminary version of your presentation if available, or any other supporting materials. Remember: the better your description is, the better our review will be.
Submission deadline: Mar 25, 2016.
Notification of acceptance: Mar 31, 2016.
Presentation PPT due: April 30, 2016.
To submit a proposal please use easy chair https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=appsecasia2016wuhanc
To contact the conference planning team, please mail to email@example.com
OWASP Speaker Agreement: https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Speaker_Agreement
Likely we can cover travel expenses or costs for accommodations.
By your submission you agree to the OWASP Speaker Agreement. OWASP values vendor neutrality. You need to use the OWASP presentation template and you’re not allowed to place marketing pitches in your slides. All presentation slides will be published on the conference website after the conference. Please make sure that any pictures and other materials in your slides don’t violate any copyrights. You are solely liable for copyright violations. You may choose any CC license for your slides, including CC0. OWASP does suggest open licenses.
No training plan.
Free for the conference.
AppSec APAC 2013 will be held at Hubei University, Wuhan, in China.
We are looking for sponsors for AppSec ASIA 2016.
If you are interested to sponsor AppSec ASIA 2016, please contact the conference team: 
Sponsorship Deadline is April 10, 2016.
To find out more about the different sponsorship opportunities please check the document below:
OWASP AppSec APAC 2013 Sponsorship Options - English
About the Workshop
When: Wednesday evening, February 20th, from 6:30 to 9:30 pm
Where: Hyatt Regency Jeju.
The Global Chapter Committee invites all chapter leaders to participate in the upcoming Chapter Leader Workshops at AppSec APAC 2013.
The Chapter Leader Workshop format will continue to follow the Q & A format used during AppSec USA and AppSec LATAM. Questions and discussion will focus on sections of the Chapter Leader Handbook, OWASP Global Chapter resources, and local chapter challenges.
Dinner will be provided for workshop participants.
Register for the Workshop
To confirm your participation in the event, register for the conference and be sure to select "Chapter Leader Workshop" as an optional registration item.
Chapter Leader Sponsorships
- January 7, 2013 - Appsec APAC Chapters Workshop sponsorships applications due
- January 14 - Applicants notified of status
- If you need financial assistance* to attend the Chapter Leader Workshops please contact us by the application deadline.
- Priority of sponsorships will be given to those not covered by sponsorship to attend a previous workshop. Additionally, we are looking for new or struggling chapter leaders who need assistance kick starting their chapter.
- When you apply for funding, please let us know *why we should sponsor you*. While we prefer that chapter leaders use their own chapter's funds before requesting a sponsorship, this is not a requirement for application.
- If your chapter has fund but will not be using them to sponsor your attendance, please include why you will not be using the funds for this purpose (i.e. what are the other plans for those funds?).
If any questions, please contact us