OWASP AppSec Research 2013 announces the University Challenge!
OWASP AppSec Research 2013 announces the University Challenge! The University Challenge is a competition among teams comprised of university students that will be held on August 22-23th . During the University Challenge teams will defend a vulnerable web application while solving Capture The Flag type challenges.
This year the OWASP University Challenge will be limited to 8 teams. Teams will consist of 4-8 students, with one team per University. A Team openings are on a first come first serve basis. If multiple teams are received from the same university the second team will be put on a wait list.
All team members must be registered. Registration for the University Challenge event is free. Food and beverages will be provided during the challenge and all participants will get an OWASP University Challenge t-shirt. In addition, all participants that will Template:TBD: wo? register for the conference Template:TBD: will get an additional discount on top of the discounted student price (an e-mail with the discount coupon will be automatically e-mailed ). Of course, the first three winning teams will get some awesome presents (to be announced).
- Name of Team
- Professor name (and e-mail)
- Team Leader (and e-mail)
- Team Members (and e-mails)
Each team member will need:
- Your own notebook capable of running the following:
- BackTrack (CD-Rom or USB stick version – Download BackTrack)
- VirtualBox Player (Download VirtualBox)
- VMWare Player (Download VMWare Player)
- FTP Client (Download Filezilla)
- SSH Client (for Windows [http://www.putty.org/ Download Putty])
- Wireshark (Download Wireshark)
- Nmap (Download Nmap)
- Firefox (Download Firefox)
- Firefox Add-ons: FoxyProxy, Cookie Editor, HackBar, Web Developper Toolbar, QuickJava, Tamper Data, Live HTTP Headers
- AndiParos Proxy (Download AndiParos Proxy)
- Cryptool (Download Cryptool)
- Your own testing tools
We look forward to seeing you at the OWASP AppSec Research 2013 University Challenge!