- Involved in OWASP for over 7 years
- Have lead multiple projects, including the OWASP Mobile Security Project, the Internet of Things Security Project, and the Game Security Project
- Regularly speak on Application Security at various conferences, including AppSec Cali in Santa Monica, CA
- Writing at danielmiessler.com about information security, with particular focus on application security, since 1999.
- Featured in hundreds of articles, including for the BBC, Wall Street Journal, Forbes, Information Week, CSO, Fortune, Dark Reading, Threatpost, CNet, and many more.
- Recently authored The Real Internet of Things, published in January of 2017.
- Produces the Unsupervised Learning podcast and newsletter, which has been voted one of the top three security podcasts multiple times.