Cassio Goldschmidt is a globally recognized application security leader, and senior manager of the product security team at Symantec Corporation (a long time OWASP supporter). In this role Cassio leads the Symantec Product Security team with company-wide responsibility for product security assurance, vulnerability management, security development lifecycle implementation, and oversees the coordination of security certifications and training.
Cassio's contribution to OWASP include:
- Co-chair of OWASP AppSec USA 2010
- Co-chair of OWASP AppSec Latin America 2011
- Member of the conference committee
- Chapter Founder, OWASP Los Angeles
- Honorary founder of OWASP Porto Alegre Chapter
- Board member of OWASP LA Chapter
- Speaking engagements at OWASP conferences
Cassio holds a bachelor degree in computer science from Pontificia Universidade Catolica do Rio Grande Do Sul, a masters degree in software engineering from Santa Clara University, and a masters of business administration from the University of Southern California.